The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo To Submit Shortlist (Chicago, Florida, Toronto, Tampa Bay)

Roberto Luongo has been one of the most toughest athletes that I have seen in my life, if not, the toughest. This man had to deal with just so much trash and heat from the Canucks fan base, that he could not play in goal properly anymore. Even with all this heat, day in and day out, he worked as hard as he could and he still played very remarkably. He posted yet another incredible season and he even played very good in the playoffs.

Best of luck in the future Roberto, I will be rooting for you the rest of your career, and even of the ice, I wish you the best of luck in life.

- All True Canucks Fan

I think LU is the instigator for this trade moreso thatn Gillis. I think GIllis was hoping to have some time to assess the situation and explore keeping both goalies but Lu jumped the gun with his comments about his NTC.

I don't blame him. Having to sit the last 3 games of the playoffs with all the media hype must have been very painful for him and a blow to his ego. He is not interested in being a "co-goalie" with Cory getting equal billing. He is a starter and wants to finish his career that way.

WHen AV decided to run with Cory, he had to know that would likely be the end for him and Lu. I wonder if MG and the Aquilinis were made aware of the decision and understood the ramifications?

Am I the only one who hopes that we keep him?

He's the first goaltender in the team's history that has played consistently well. Even when he gets into slumps, he still plays well enough to give us a chance. This guy has won us games in the Stanley Cup Finals and is committed to doing whatever he can to take us there again, and we're just going to throw him away so that we can give the gig to an unproven Schneider? In all likelihood, this fanbase will be ranting about Schneiders play with by December.

It will be a sad day when Luongo leaves town. Haters keep hating, but this guy was the cornerstone for this franchise when we had nothing, and single handedly won us a playoff round in his first year.

He WAS NOT the reason the Canucks lost last year in the final, and if you fail to see that, your blind. The team fell apart in front of him, allowing odd man rushes more frequently than Florida signing players in the off-season.

Wherever Luongo goes, that team will instantly become my 2nd favourite team, even if it is Toronto.

I remember when I found out we got Lu. I freaked out and called my Dad who was at work to tell him. He didn't believe me until he got home and saw it.

I can't say I've always been a supporter of Luongo, but he has done a lot for this team. Thank you Luongo, and good luck.

MG, please show some respect for Lu and don't deal him to Tor....deal him to Tampa where he has a legit shot at the cup, and there just seems more return from Tampa....but then again maybe Lu is what Toronto needs to make the playoffs

Guest PUNJABI CANUCK

You should've posted this in Canucks Talk...

Gillis = :picard: ; you don't asking a player to submit a list until the other guy has signed a contract #makesense.

quote me on it, the only thing we'll get back for Luongo are some overpaid player that won't have an impact on the Canucks. team knows we are the desperate ones here trying to move Luongo, and there's only a few teams that they are competing with IF they are seriously interested. Also, the teams Luongo submitted doesn't necessary means those teams have a interest in Luongo, when there will be other goalies available too such as one of halak/elliot, and possibly a few more other goalies.

I'm shocked that Toronto is on his list. Why would he want to go there? Burke and Nonis? That team is consistently craptastic ... maybe Lui wants to be the one that brings them to the playoffs? Slim chance that the Leafs will win a Cup with the no. of years Lui's got left in his career.

2 thumbs down for Gardiner. Some Canucks fans are really clueless about other players outside our organization.

I also call James Duthie bluff on LUongo chosing Toronto. Why the hell would he chose Toronto? Chose a city with even more pressure to perform? Also why the hell is he chosing such a garbage team? James Duthie have no source on who he might actually chose. He just made it up, to in hopes to get followers from Toronto. It's pure B.S. Toronto happens to be a team that needs goaltending badly, I honestly doubt Luongo will want to go to Toronto. If you ask me, he probably ask for a place like Detroit. For a team to get eliminated in round 1 in 5 games, they might be looking into getting a goalie too! How bout Columbus? But I call B.S on Duthie naming Toronto. There's absolutley nobody I want from Toronto, The only way they can do it , is give us a package, but the package is a combination of a bunch of players I don't want, so it sucks.

reign of luongo has come to an end.....goodbye luongo........ ill forever be a canucks fan......... but luongo has inspired me in the last few years that........ to whichever team he goes...ill follow him and cheer for that team as long as he's active there...... LUUUUUUUU <3

Archived