The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Make The Most Realistic "luongos 5 Team List"

Guest AriGold

Toronto, as he is wanted there by the fans on their Board, even if they only get 5 or 6 good years out him theyd love to get him. Nonis is there, he can play regularly in Montreal be close to his family. They were a maple leaf emblem, and he could be a part of reviving an historical team which Burke is commited to doing.

Tampa.Yzerman is there and needs to replace Rolli who is 9 years older than Lou. But they already spend their summers ther, and Lou might rather live closer to his family, rather than Gina's.

Chicago, and Detroit need Goalies, but they lack the Italian French Culture.

I don't know if Montreal as they are way too much of a goalie graveyard since Roy suddenly quit.

It's down to Tampa, and Toronto. I say Toronto.

Just check out thir website right now;

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/index.html

Montreal - his hometown. I know they have Price but still likely to be a choice for Luongo

Tampa

Florida

cant think of the rest tbh. Maybe Toronto?

I would just like to thank the Canucks Fans for once again running another classy (and the best goalie this organisation has ever had) player out again. Players like Naslund, Ohlund, Luongo, etc. dont come by easy and every little mistake they make you want them traded. Enough is enough. Sorry about this little rant but the general fan base of this team has really annoyed me tbh. Still whatever/wherever Luongo does/goes I wish him the best whether it's in a Canuck uniform or not...

I think we should acknowledge how contingent tomorrows Devils/Panthers game is on possible affecting his list. If the Panthers win maybe they're comfortable with what they have. The same could be said of the Devils, Brodeur could likely stay following a win.

The best fit, and I think everyone would agree, would be Tampa Bay. This team has a lot of options to trade and is lacking in goaltending.

With all this said, I've been both a hater and supporter of Luongo and I would be sad to see him go. There was mention on TSN tonight of Luongo going to Toronto, which makes me want to keep him :(

Lu is a proven goalie. We don't know if Cory will be able to handle a full regular season. Plus Cory would bring back more assets than Lu would in a trade. Not to mention that Lu has done so much for this organization, it would be insulting to trade him.

I would just like to thank the Canucks Fans for once again running another classy (and the best goalie this organisation has ever had) player out again. Players like Naslund, Ohlund, Luongo, etc. dont come by easy and every little mistake they make you want them traded. Enough is enough. Sorry about this little rant but the general fan base of this team has really annoyed me tbh. Still whatever/wherever Luongo does/goes I wish him the best whether it's in a Canuck uniform or not...

1.Tampa

2.Toronto

3.New Jersey

4.Chicago-maybe bitter towards some blackhawks players.....maybe not  

5.Ottawa/6.Winnipeg-both have good young goalies in the system that could become

Cory Schneider 2.0

still hoping to keep Luongo and trade Schneider for a kings ransom though

Many seem to be listing the 5 places that we believe Luongo would want to go, AND places that need a goalie. When in fact, he may be listing teams that totally do not need a goalie at all... thereby tying the hands of Gillis in his ability to make a trade.

No doubt that Tampa is on the list... and apparently Toronto as well. Both those teams are in desperate need of a goalie. But I bet Florida is as well even though they don't really need one. The other thought of San Jose and the Ducks is a pretty good guess - though they too seem to have pretty good goaltending too.

Tampa

Florida

Toronto

NJ

Ottawa

likely in that order

All 5 teams could use a star goalie.  The Florida teams are near Luongo's wifes family.  While Ottawa is near Luongo's family.  Toronto is a big hockey market where he can be an even bigger star then he was in Vancouver but with less pressure to win, plus TO has a huge italian community.  NJ will need a replacement for Broduer soon is near NY city where every hockey player seems to want to go and has lots of young upcoming players and a few current stars so could challeneg for a cup soon.Edit- Florida has Markstrom in the system so they are less likely to be interested, but I could see Luongo still wanting to go there despite the potential for another Schneider situtaion.

Archived