The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I've Penned A Letter To Boston

Compare what the Bruin fan base did at the end of the game this past game 7 for their team to what our fans did that fatefull game 7 last year. Every Bruin that touched the cup and raised it (a childhood dream for everyone of them) was cheered. The Bruins team is a reflection of their fans and the city.

Organization has a Z

I don't think a huge organization like that would take spelling errors seriously. I am not a grammar nazi but I am just trying to help before you send it off.

They have no control over their fans and they don't really have a way of figuring out who did it.

Racist Boston fans are nothing new. Lots of Canuck fans made the trip to Boston last year. As we all know a good percentage of Canuck Nation is Indo-Canadian and Chinese-Canadian.

During intermission my buddy and I left our seats to go take a pic with the Green Guys. When we got back we saw an Indian couple in Canuck jerseys who were very upset. Turns out a Bruins fan called the woman a 'terrorist' and ordered her to get out. They got the usher who came and asked the guy if he had said that. Of course he wasn't man enough to own up to it. So the usher let him stay while the 2 disgusted Canuck fans left the game at the beginning of the 2nd.

Stay classy Boston.

LoL I grew up in the UK so my spelling is British. (I'm not going to change that) as for the letter, content is good, I take it? I've sent it by e-mail, and I'm going to be mailing a copy tomorrow. If you can overlook the spelling I would appriciate that.

As for Vancouver, the Canucks have already jumped all over the fans' sportsmanship, by posting videos and the such. Yes, last year was an embarrassment for Vancouver, however after all the mayhem the city came together and cleaned up. They came together when Rick Rypien passed away, and we came together when they started the new season, I'm not too concerned for our fans, and our city. (Yes, Vancouver is my city too) This, though is a whole new low, and it needs to be nipped in the bud.

A Tampa bay rays Player said the same thing about red sox fans

"Just their arrogance," Scott said. "The fans come in and they take over the city. They're ruthless. They're vulgar. They cause trouble. They talk about your family. Swear at you. Who likes that? When people do that, it just gives you more incentive to beat them. Then when things like [the last game of last season] happen, you celebrate even more. You go to St. Louis -- classiest fans in the game. You do well, there's no vulgarity. You know what? You don't wish them bad."

Boston's organization jumped all over thier fans as well, look up on NHL.com Bostons response to thier fans it was something along the lines of "we are disgusted by the ignorance and stupidity of some people who call themselves hockey fans.... etc etc". I don't know what you are expecting to get from your letter but you asked our (our=other readers) honest opinions on love it or hate it and I have to say I personally hate it. Not trying to be rude, but I think it's a crazy letter to write talking about looking over current season ticket holders etc..? that's silly to say the least. Anyways you do what you want, I just think your anger and disgust is directed towards the wrong people, the Boston organization is just as disgusted by these tweets as you are.

i rarely log on

but this really motivated me to post so be warned

Being a montreal fan you never knew that after every home game anytime brashear walked to or from the dressing room, the habs faithful would call him the N word among other various disgusting things.

is it worse the teams fans are doing it to an own player ?

or a bunch of ( and we all know) classy bruins fans after a loss,hidden online like cowards ?

racism is wrong anyway shape or form.

im not defending anyones actions but when a habs fan pens a letter to the bruins,there is a little bias and it makes you sound conceited.especially when the habs fans are known for it.

Archived