The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I've Penned A Letter To Boston

After seeing all the negativity that Boston fans are leaving for Joel Ward on Twitter, I thought I would pen a letter/email to the Boston Bruins Organisation. I would like your opinions, (the good, the bad, and the ugly- I can take it) Here is the letter that I have written:

Dear Boston Bruins Organisation,

First of all good show on a fantastic series, as a fan of hockey and the NHL in general I love the playoffs. Sorry you aren't moving on but this is a good time to now reflect on how you can make your team, your players, you fans and your city proud again. I don't know if you are aware of this but this came to light from numerous boards

Now I have to be honest with you, I am not a Bruins fan (I grew up with the Habs) however this is a new low in hockey. If I may offer a suggestion, if any of these people are season ticket holders, you may want to review your contracts with them. This isn't good for your team, the city, and fans of hockey in general. This is an embarrassment and its spreading. May you make the wise decision and please re-educate your fans on what good sportsmanship is. I wish you luck in the future, and I hope that the Bruins can be the stoic original 6 team that it is suppose to be.

Sincerely,

Kristin C.

Well, let me have it.......love it? Hate it? What can I add or take away? I would love your thoughts.

Organization has a Z

I don't think a huge organization like that would take spelling errors seriously. I am not a grammar nazi but I am just trying to help before you send it off.

They have no control over their fans and they don't really have a way of figuring out who did it.

LoL I grew up in the UK so my spelling is British. (I'm not going to change that) as for the letter, content is good, I take it? I've sent it by e-mail, and I'm going to be mailing a copy tomorrow. If you can overlook the spelling I would appriciate that.

As for Vancouver, the Canucks have already jumped all over the fans' sportsmanship, by posting videos and the such. Yes, last year was an embarrassment for Vancouver, however after all the mayhem the city came together and cleaned up. They came together when Rick Rypien passed away, and we came together when they started the new season, I'm not too concerned for our fans, and our city. (Yes, Vancouver is my city too) This, though is a whole new low, and it needs to be nipped in the bud.

Organization has a Z

I don't think a huge organization like that would take spelling errors seriously. I am not a grammar nazi but I am just trying to help before you send it off.

They have no control over their fans and they don't really have a way of figuring out who did it.

Well it's not fair to bunch in all Boston fans as racist. This is the actions of a small percentage of Boston fans (most likely) and, just like the small percentage of Vancouverites who rioted, their actions should not label their whole city. We as Vancouver fans should understand this more than anyone.

What those select individuals are saying is pathetic for sure, but i'm sure the majority of Boston fans have their heads screwed on a bit tighter.

Racist Boston fans are nothing new. Lots of Canuck fans made the trip to Boston last year. As we all know a good percentage of Canuck Nation is Indo-Canadian and Chinese-Canadian.

During intermission my buddy and I left our seats to go take a pic with the Green Guys. When we got back we saw an Indian couple in Canuck jerseys who were very upset. Turns out a Bruins fan called the woman a 'terrorist' and ordered her to get out. They got the usher who came and asked the guy if he had said that. Of course he wasn't man enough to own up to it. So the usher let him stay while the 2 disgusted Canuck fans left the game at the beginning of the 2nd.

Stay classy Boston.

Well it's not fair to bunch in all Boston fans as racist. This is the actions of a small percentage of Boston fans (most likely) and, just like the small percentage of Vancouverites who rioted, their actions should not label their whole city. We as Vancouver fans should understand this more than anyone.

What those select individuals are saying is pathetic for sure, but i'm sure the majority of Boston fans have their heads screwed on a bit tighter.

Archived