The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Is Neely. Hodgson Is Pederson.

Tofitian

Is it not possible for both players to meet their potential? The were both high first round picks.

Keep in mind, I said their potential, not what what our biased overrating would think.

If there is one player I feel bad for, it's Kass. Not only does he have to meet and exceed Coho, but he has to beat the unreasonable expectations of what Cody was going to become

People talk about Pederson like he was terrible.  He had 76 and 71 points his first two years here.  

And as far as Neely scoring 36 goals in his first year as a Bruin, it should be noted that was his 4th full NHL season.  Kassian has yet to play one full season.  While he probably will never be a Hall of Famer like Neely, you can pretty much bet by his 4th year he'll be a far better player than he showed this year.

The Kassian to Neely Comparisons are absolutely stupid plain and simple, and need to stop. There is no way that Kassian will ever be anything even remotely resembling Neely.

All you Kissassians and your love for this guy are going to be majorly dissapointed when he peaks at being a Pyatt or Bernier type player (which I have no problem with, since I feel both are serivicable NHL players. The only issue I have is what was given up for him).

Cody led team Canada to a Gold Medal in the WJC. Cody is a leader and everything you want out of an NHL player in this new era of Hockey. Cody will be a playoff performer, you can bank on that. He has dominated in every level of hockey he has ever played and I really feel he would already be a dominant force in the NHL if he never had his setbacks due to injury.

This was a terrible trade plain and simple and all those that bash Cody and get aroused by the name of Kassian are delusional. Perhaps this is your way of coming to terms with what is obviously going to be one of the worst trades in franchise history.

Kassian is the young, unproven, power forward that Neely was when the Canucks traded him for Barry Pederson.

Hodgson is the smaller, softer, more proven player that Pederson was before Boston sent him our way... after a major injury/surgery.

Zack's ceiling is way higher than Cody's in my opinion.  He's a better skater, he has an above average NHL body, and he's got good hands.  He's also been through way more adversity in his life than Cody has which I believe makes him a stronger person.  The fact that he's willing to drop the gloves for his team also says a great deal about his drive/desire to succeed.  Tearing a back muscle and hearing negative things from his coach was traumatic for Cody...  

Don't get me wrong, I like Hodgson and I think he will be a solid player for buffalo, I just feel that some of you are insistent on seeing the glass half empty rather than realizing Gillis may have actually done his homework here.

Hodgson is the next Peter Schaefer?

Honestly, I think Hodgson is a talented player, and I would have liked to keep him. He (or his agent) thought he was more valuable than the Canucks and put a gun to our head demanding a trade. So we find ourselves in a situation where we have to move him, instead of sitting on his rights and forcing him to play in Europe like Schaefer.

The title of your thread proves I'm right. You're an idiot.

I'd rather be a douche than a brain dead moron. Kassian has a higher ceiling than Hodgson? What a joke. Every single hockey expert out there disagrees with you. So when you make outrages claims saying,"Kassian is Neely..." you deserve to be called out and ridiculed. Everytime you try to back up your claim, you just show your stupidly. Good job jackass!

So with the trade we see our 2 additions Kass ann Grags in the press box watching as our long struggling roster strives for continued playoff success? This trade deadline was no time for AV and MG to get into a pissing contest with a star rookie...should have off loaded him after the playoff's.

People are comparing the trade to neely not the players. It was a lop-sides trade and Hodgson is obviously better. Kassian has weak puck handling and shooting but hoping can work things out. Next year Hodgson is going to be great and it's going to be hard to I watch. Only hope Kassian can at least be NHL ready by then.

The Kassian to Neely Comparisons are absolutely stupid plain and simple, and need to stop. There is no way that Kassian will ever be anything even remotely resembling Neely.

All you Kissassians and your love for this guy are going to be majorly dissapointed when he peaks at being a Pyatt or Bernier type player (which I have no problem with, since I feel both are serivicable NHL players. The only issue I have is what was given up for him).

Cody led team Canada to a Gold Medal in the WJC. Cody is a leader and everything you want out of an NHL player in this new era of Hockey. Cody will be a playoff performer, you can bank on that. He has dominated in every level of hockey he has ever played and I really feel he would already be a dominant force in the NHL if he never had his setbacks due to injury.

This was a terrible trade plain and simple and all those that bash Cody and get aroused by the name of Kassian are delusional. Perhaps this is your way of coming to terms with what is obviously going to be one of the worst trades in franchise history.

So Kassian should be careful or he could get into a car accident and never play again? I see the analogy between players and styles, but, Stojanov was injured outside of hockey and could not continue his career. Naslund, the classy guy he is, was good enough to point this out when people ask about his trade to Vancouver.

Archived