The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Is Neely. Hodgson Is Pederson.

Tofitian

Yes really.

Zack is 21. And, since the trade, he was not effective for us in the slightest at the age of 21. That's the only stat that counts.

Considering we are in a window to win now while the Sedin's are in their prime; trading for a guy who is not ready for the big time was a bad idea. Unless you get a dynamic young talent, trading for proven veterans is a much more proven tactic. Who cares if he develops when the Twins are 35.

Trading your more established talents for cheaper developing ones is a way teams rebuild, not win championships. Maybe MG thought he was managing Calgary in a bad dream?

Edit: But lets not give MG an out. When he made the trade, the speech was something like "the trade was made" to tip the scales back in our favour regarding some of the physical match ups we would face. That's paraphrasing, but what was said. More recently, it was made "for the future." That's as clear an indication as your going to get that he realizes now that he blew it. Very recently, amidst strong criticism, the conversation was put directly that Hodgson was a pain. It regressed into justification. Lets face the facts; amidst the frustration of dealing with CoHo he made a dumb decision!

Guys, Coho is gone get over it! MG decided to deal the enormous pain in the buttinksy his camp was providing. Reason enuff!!!

I hope Kassian can work out to be a power forward, that can stand up for his teammates, cause god knows we need someone to do that!!!

Me and mine have rationalized why we got ousted in the first round. The TEAM lost. not gonna blame anyone in particular

Next year we wanna see a line of Kassian Shroeder Jensen. call it the KID line or whatever, lets look forward to something like that!!

If that line happens in the Wolves, maybe we should be watching them and not our "choke" beloved nucks

Out of my whole post that is the only thing you decided to comment on was his supposed Arrogance? Which by the way may or may not have been true since none of us are privy to the private lives of these players and therfore are only assuming things to be that way.

I also see you have chosen to completely ignore my other post in response to your last post, so I will assume that you really are working with a zero basis for the points you post on here.

I am still eager to learn what your gift of foresight and fortune-telling has foretold of Kassians NHL career.

I don't know what Kassian will become. Ofcourse there is a possibility he becomes the next Neely and scores 50 goals in 50 games. But I don't believe he will. I think if Kassian becomes a  Chris Neal it would be pretty good. Neal is a pretty good player who comes to play every day. He's very physical and throws down with everyone. Neal is a huge part of the OTT team.

No foresight or crystal ball but i will give him time and support just like i did Hodgson. As far as zero basis you do the same thing about Kassian as you acuse me of. Beleive it or not there is a lot of fans of this team who never liked Hodgson as a draft pick to begin with me included. You dont have to get all bent out of shape about it the trade is done. At least wait a couple of years and watch both teams and then you can make a decision on the trade.

Oh so you're a type of fan that abandons a team the moment they do something you don't like? I get it! Yes I disagree with the trade so that makes me ineligible to post on the Canucks fourm? I should stop watching Canucks games and cheering for them because they made a mistake?

I see all fans have to be like you? Constant cheerleaders for anything a team does and the decisions management makes. Anyone who questions or dislikes a move is not a real fan is that it?

Please answer me this because apparently I missed the point of your original post which I thought it to mean that the Canucks won this trade big time, much like Boston won the Neely trade. Please enlighten me to the true point of your post that must have flown way over my head. If that was not your point then what was the point of your post?

Should have drafted Kyle Beach hey? :rolleyes:

And buddy you were the one throwing out the accusations first :picard: , yes the trade is done and it is something every Canuck fan has to live with, but we don't have to be happy about it, and if we don't voice our displeasure then nothing is learned from the situation.

So you put your cheerleader outfit on with your pom poms and pig tails and you tell everyone to give you a K-A-S-S-I-A-N.

You state that not everyone liked Hodgson as a draft pick well here is a news flash for you bud: NOT EVERYONE HAS TO LIKE THE KASSIAN TRADE!

Oh wow is that what a 14 year old would do? I wonder if a 14  year old would use age as his main point in a conflicted discussion?

Look, I don't give a rats ass if you agree with me or not, your opinion means less to me than you could possibly ever imagine.

The only reason I am posting this is to try to bring all you doe-eyed Kassian-ass worshippers down to reality, but obviously thats not possible since your raging hormones for Big 4th line plugs blind you to the way things really are.

Its sad to note that the players you guys want Kassian to become is a very short list. Neely, Bertuzzi, Lucic - the reason this list is so short? Because these players are damn rare and the odds that Kassian doesn't get included on that list is way way larger than the chance that he will.

As for melting? naw I'm as cool as an Iced Killer Whale, the only melting I see going on here is the melting of the hearts from all the Kassian Fan Bois like yourself.

<p>

Really man? you might as well have posted "I know you are but what am I?" ROFL

hey man however you get your jollies is not for me to judge but now I see a little clearer why you so admantly defend Kassain.

I'm gonna let you go here and spend some quality time with your Kassian pics. Have fun and keep it safe.

What could we do? We could give him more minutes; help us improve by scoring, give us secondary scoring and perhaps beat LA in the first round. Perhaps we would be cheering him on in the 2nd round of this year's playoffs instead of golfing. When the season is done, we still couldn've traded him for Kassian this summer. Dumb trade at a time when our 2nd line center isn't healthy and needed more time to heal. He was our 3rd highest point getter before the trade ... and he's still a rookie.

Adam Oates was not that fast, and for that matter neither is Henrik Sedin. What CoHo does have is soft hands, outstanding vision and he also has something those guys dont; a great shot. People said the exact same thing about Sedin here in Vancouver 10 years ago...

That also does not guarantee Hodgson will become an elite play maker. But at his worst, he will be better than Wellwood, and he's a darn sight faster than him! He was our 3rd line center less than 2 years ago.

Guess who are the two fastest skaters in the Canucks roster?

Keith Ballard. Mason Raymond.

Archived