The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Luongo Requests A Trade During Exit Meeting With Gillis

People aren't taking into account that there could be some bidding for Lu.A team he hasn't put on his so called list may inquire.If Tampa does ask then Hedman should be the only player they have that the Canucks not only want but hedman may be the only quality player available by the fact all of the top players on the bolts have NTC's.

Tampa's cap is only at 60 million so they have some room.I would offer up Lu, Edler or Ballard and the Canucks 1st .If they get the Canucks 1st then it also gives Tampa the option of trading their 1st round pick(10th) in what is a weak draft . It is overpayment but when was the last time the Canucks had a 6'6 229 lb D with huge upside.His numbers aren't up their yet but he could eventually QB the powerplay and he will probably have Hamhuis for a partner.

I guess it all depends on how badly Tampa wants to fill the big weakness they have had on this team for a long time.They also get Lu at his prime for decent value.Also I wonder if a weak Gm like Gillis has the balls to overpay to strengthen the D for the future.

who heard lu request a trade?....or is someone just reading something that may not even be there....gillis has said, that he hasn't made any decisions yet......i believe they have made a decision on who to keep, but, until gillis makes that official, i won't believe a word of the stories going around....

either Lu really does want out or they are putting on a big show to boost Cory's trade value. teams will offer more for Cory then Lu and even more if they think they can not get him . but either way no matter what goalie stays we need to get a little better on our top D and a legit top 6 forward.

who heard lu request a trade?....or is someone just reading something that may not even be there....gillis has said, that he hasn't made any decisions yet......i believe they have made a decision on who to keep, but, until gillis makes that official, i won't believe a word of the stories going around....

what i want to know is how the hell does NICK KYPREOS, of all people, knows what happens in a meeting between the general manager and roberto luongo... and if this did in fact happen, who is the idiot sitting in on luongo's end of the year meeting spilling the beans to nick freaking kypreos?

sounds like kypreos trying to build some rep - because nobody west of toronto beleives a thing that moron says.

Archived