The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Luongo Requests A Trade During Exit Meeting With Gillis

Im sorry, but this is a sour move by Luongo. People crap on Hodgson for requesting a trade, but at least he did it behind closed doors. I was impressed by the Luongo interview with him telling the media that he would do what ever is best for the team, but now his true colors are showing. I don't blame Lu for wanting to leave, but "whats best for the team" would have be to keep your mouth shut.

If Toronto is indeed on his list, then this is not about the fans chasing him out. It is about being THE starter. If the fans truly are the reason Lu wants out, then his list would include only small market team, not the mass media 'We are the centre of the Universe' Toronto.

Lu wants to be the number, he deserves to be the number one, but it's clear he's not doing this "for the team".

I will be very sad to see Lu go. I think his request for a trade is a way to let both sides save face.

Very classy. I wonder about MG's slip up in the press conference when instead of saying "Roberto Luongo" he started to say "Aquillini" Makes me wonder if this was a decision made by the owners.

I like lu a lot but I started thinking this season that it would be better to sign Cory, if only because of his

age. But I feel sad watching all of this unfold.

Good luck to Lu and thank you for everything you have done for the Canucks!

Posted · Hidden by hockeyville88, April 26, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by hockeyville88, April 26, 2012 - No reason given

You're an idiot.

1. Hodgson was a rookie requesting a trade, Luongo is has been with this team through thick and thin over the last 6 years.

2. Hodgson requested a trade in the middle of the season, Luongo waited until the end.

3. How do you even know it was Lu that leaked the information? Where's your source?

In my opinion, Roberto felt his position as this team's undisputed starter was jeopardized this year, and the result is a very quick, reactionary decision by him to leave the city. Based on reports that one of his top four choices is Toronto, I feel his priority is to play for a team where he will be the guaranteed starter. I believe this is all happening because he is uncomfortable with another goaltender challenging him for the starting position.

Three playoff games on the bench seemed enough for Roberto to decide he doesn't fit anymore. It's a surprise to anyone who believed Roberto would want to stay through thick and thin, considering how successful this team has been.

Roberto wants more ice time. I think we've heard that story before. This time, he's the one calling the shots, though.

I think people seem to forget how bad goaltending has been in the history of this team (with a couple exceptions of course). Cloutier didn't get outplayed by Auld but people were happy when Clouts was injured and Auld was playing as our #1. After a few losses, a few bad goals etc, then everyone was on Auld's back.

Archived