The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Luongo Requests A Trade During Exit Meeting With Gillis

Toronto? You think the media and fans are bad here? Good luck in T.O. He would be way better off in Tampa or Florida or Dallas. I think a move would help him. He obviously didnt like it here that much if all it took was this to make him ask for trade. Just think if he goes to Maple Leafs he wont have to worry about ever having a bad playoff or any playoff at all.

Kind of expected, by going with Schneider they basically said : He's our guy now. Otherwise after the loss of game 3 they would have come back with Lou

If Lou was our real #1, they would have gone with him all the way : live or die with Lou, but that didnt happen

Im sorry, but this is a sour move by Luongo. People crap on Hodgson for requesting a trade, but at least he did it behind closed doors. I was impressed by the Luongo interview with him telling the media that he would do what ever is best for the team, but now his true colors are showing. I don't blame Lu for wanting to leave, but "whats best for the team" would have be to keep your mouth shut. Mike Gillis' bargaining power just took a huge hit. Now everyone knows there MUST be a trade.

I posted before the play off's; Start Schneider for game 1 just to send him a message. Then go back immediately to Lou for game 2, even if Schneider got a shut out. It tells Lou, we're giving you a chance, but no let downs as we have had in some play off years! Then run with Lou as long as he holds the fort.

My post got locked; I was called an idiot. Does not look so dumb now?

I also posted earlier in the year; Lou looks to have matured past his past meltdowns. But this reaction from Lou, just like him whining that nobody was pumping his tires (then letting in 6 or 8 goals) suggests exactly why he has meltdowns. Lou gets too emotional. Whether it helps his trade value or not, it makes any decision easier!

Everyone already knew one of the goalies had to go, it's just a question of which one. The writing was on the wall as soon as Schneider took over in the playoffs, it seemed like the management was just waiting for the first oppertunity to get Schneider in there. As soon as Schneider was named for game 4, I pretty much knew this was going to happen.

Im sorry, but this is a sour move by Luongo. People crap on Hodgson for requesting a trade, but at least he did it behind closed doors. I was impressed by the Luongo interview with him telling the media that he would do what ever is best for the team, but now his true colors are showing. I don't blame Lu for wanting to leave, but "whats best for the team" would have be to keep your mouth shut. Mike Gillis' bargaining power just took a huge hit. Now everyone knows there MUST be a trade.

What makes you think that it was Luongo who leaked this? I see nothing to suggest that this is the case, so really all you know that he did for sure is ask to be moved.

Louie is a proud guy and wants to be a starter. The writing is on the wall in Vancouver, so he wants to go somewhere where he won't be looking over his shoulder every time he has an off night.

Not so surprising and hardly something to be blaming him for without anything to back it up.

the way i see it. Yes we lose a great goalie, but Gillis is gonna get us a great return. We're gonna keep our strength in net with Schneider, but our offense/defense or both is gonna improve drastically. This could be the move that will put us over the top.

My ideal trade:

Luongo

Raymond

for

Hedman

Purcell

Archived