The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Open Letter To Our Canucks

Canuck_Whisperer

First off, thank you. Thank you for making this city a better place by being here and providing some great entertainment. Thank you for all the great work you do for the kids.

We in Vancouver and outer areas love our Canucks. We are passionate hockey fans who like you, are craving the bragging rights that come along with winning the biggest prize in hockey.

Unfortunately some can be extremely critical (you know who you are). So much so it brings everyone down with negative comments about almost every aspect of the team. Others show their support anyway they can. Plastering their cars with flags, walking around town with capes and even painting their faces. It's for these fans I write this.

I'll also extend an apology to 'Louuuuuuuuuu!!!' whose play has been examined under so many (unqualified) microscopes and picked apart. I for one am proud to have you on my Canucks team. You helped take us to the Stanley Cup finals. You were a Canuck when you helped capture gold for Canada in 2010.

I am grateful to have our Canucks here. Even though it's a business and as an organization they are there to make money and play the game, they are our Canucks. We are all Canucks. I am a Canuck. I'm ready for another great year and to once again chant... GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

Thank you for reading. :)

+1 OP. I love this team and have for 41 years (many of the heartbreaking). Although the Luongo deal isn't done it seems to be set in motion.

I for one am not pleased by this. I would like to go on the record and thank Roberto Luongo for coming to Vancouver and truly putting Vancouver on the hockey map. Before you we had a couple of cup runs but not much success to show for it. You were our first "true" franchise goalie in 41 years and you took our team to an elite status. Not alone of course but your mostly superb play allowed our team to play with amazing confidence that the backend was safe. If you leave it is the end of the best era in Canucks hockey. I still think we can be successful and may finally get our cup but I for one will be sad that you aren't part of it.

I know you'll never read this Lou but you do need to know there are fans out here that believe in you we just get drown out sometimes. LUUUUUUUUUU!

Thank you Canucks for making hockey seem fun and Luongo you truly will always be number 1, and whether people like to admit it or not you truly helped put vancouver ahead. For all you haters is time to stop behaving like spoil children and start suporting your team.

As much as i dislike boston fans , they showed support and love for their team last night when their team lost. Unlike some vancouver, so called FANS. All you guys can do is put down and boo your own team , what a shame. I'm for one in a way happy that LUongo has decided to waive his no trade clause, enough is enough there is only so much somebody can put up with. I hope he can go and have success and find true loyal fans. Besides the Canucks , Luongos future home will be one of my favorites teams.

This is fantastic that CDC has featured this on the front page. I have been a Canucks' fan since the mid 80s. Tony Tanti was my boyhood idol and I used Titan hockey sticks as a kid because I thought, as a Tanti acronym, I would somehow have Tanti's scoring touch if I used Titan. I listened to radio broadcasts of the Canucks being hammered by the Oilers and Flames, and never seemed to mind that the Canucks weren't perennial contenders for a playoff spot, never mind perennial contenders for the Cup.

All this to say we have an amazing team and the media attention hockey now gets helps us forget that the goal may be to win the Cup--and I have no doubt we'll get there very soon--but in the meantime, you better have fun watching a team of guys who are dedicated to the cause. When Daniel and Henrik were reunited in Game 4, and Henrik scored that stunning goal in the third after some phenomenal Sedinery, I leapt off the couch and did about ten straight fist pumps. And I realized how lucky I've been to witness their greatness over the years. The Sedins truly are one of the most unique phenomenon's in hockey history.

Over the last two years, we have also witnessed the emergence of Cory Schneider, and whatever happens to Bobby Lou (who just happens to be the best goalie in Canucks' history!), I think Schneider will truly be something special. Once again, I'm looking forward to seeing how Mike Gillis orchestrates the off-season, and my one off-season wish is for Ryan Kesler to be fully healed going into next year and to find happiness within himself. Sometimes I wonder what kind of player he could be if he weren't quite so surly. Sometimes needing to win too badly doesn't help you get where you want to go.

I would also like to say Godspeed to Sami Salo. He has been a tremendous Canuck for many years. He has battled through more adversity than most, and my reading of Gillis' desire to get younger may mean the end of Sami's time in Vancouver, especially since Chris Tanev will look awfully good alongside Alex Edler for the foreseeable future.

Enjoy the links boys, and see you in the fall!

Thank you Canucks for making hockey seem fun and Luongo you truly will always be number 1, and whether people like to admit it or not you truly helped put vancouver ahead. For all you haters is time to stop behaving like spoil children and start suporting your team.

As much as i dislike boston fans , they showed support and love for their team last night when their team lost. Unlike some vancouver, so called FANS. All you guys can do is put down and boo your own team , what a shame. I'm for one in a way happy that LUongo has decided to waive his no trade clause, enough is enough there is only so much somebody can put up with. I hope he can go and have success and find true loyal fans. Besides the Canucks , Luongos future home will be one of my favorites teams.

so you call rascist behaviour supporting your team , how you can even compare those classless morons to us has me totally bewildered, most vancouver fans are reasonable people who love their hockey and feel passionately about our team .

I've been a Canucks fan for only 2 years. I came from a country which is not really exposed to hockey, first time watching nhl game (was a Canucks game) through cable TV. Then as I loved the game I tried to find out more about the team and have been a fan ever since. I will continue to believe in this team. Maybe this is not our year but any future year might be our year. Thank you Canucks for putting up a great year, even though the cup is not here yet, I'm still proud of this team.

I've been a Canucks fan for only 2 years. I came from a country which is not really exposed to hockey, first time watching nhl game (was a Canucks game) through cable TV. Then as I loved the game I tried to find out more about the team and have been a fan ever since. I will continue to believe in this team. Maybe this is not our year but any future year might be our year. Thank you Canucks for putting up a great year, even though the cup is not here yet, I'm still proud of this team.

I haven't been a fan for long (since last year) but this team gave me something to love. Hockey. I remember there was a time when I would blindly support the Leafs but that was before I actually watched hockey. Yea, sure I would watch a game here or there in the Olympics but this team got me hooked. They are everything a team should be (just wish they didn't get bashed as much). Classy, skilled and just plain amazing. It's too bad that they did not win yet but i hope in the near future, they do. I just want to thank them for giving me a passion and just about everything. I am so proud to be a fan of these guys. Sometimes feelings can't be expressed in words but one would I am sure i feel is extreme gratitude and love.

Go Canucks Go!! :towel:

If we can't keep them both...I hope Roberto doesn't leave our team(no offence Cory). Luongo is as big a reason as any that we have become the team we are. Where's our loyalty? What is the point of a contract if it can be just changed at any time. Luongo is our goalie for a few more years as far as I remember, and I'd like to see him hoist the cup next year with the rest of this team. A healthy rested roster will make all the difference. Don't make any crazy decisions and let's do this right next year. This team is the greatest. Stuff happens...look at the other 4 surprise early dismisals in this seasons play-offs :) You all deserve a break and to get ready for an even stronger push next season.

Archived