The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal Vancouver And San Jose

Ill just say it. San Jose may not be on Luongos 6 but if asked he may consider it because they are close and really there goaltending continues to no show in the playoffs. So here it is

Luongo for Big Joe Thornton

We may have to add a second piece and I would say that Mason Raymond or 2nd rounder would do it.

San Jose needs a shake up and I dont think Thornton is a key piece in there puzzle anymore and may also want to move on. With couture and pavelski and his age they may want to move him. He would be the perfect second line center. As for Kesler, we could not move him to the wing for Cody which is fair. Cody had not proven enough at the NHL but Kesler would have to move for somebody like Joe. These guys hate each other but they would love playing together. Kesler would get 40 again for sure playing with the second best passer in the game.

Anybody else think this would be a good fit? If possible at all.

I think he has been performing in the last 2 playoffs. He had a dislocated shoulder and a finger broken in 3 places against us and this year he was far from San Jose problem. I do think he would fix all top 6 problems and 2nd unit powerplay problems. They traded us Erhoff so there is a history of trading goalie13

Niemi will have to be dealt with by their team in order to make that happen. Greiss is also insanely underrated. This kid could be so much more than a 20 game back up. If i'm SJS I play Greiss more and keep my Niemi/Greiss tandem. They would be mad to move Clowe IMO.

Archived