The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo To Toronto?

With the TO media losing their collective minds today regarding a potential Luongo deal, lets start the fun with some proposals.

I say Luongo + Raymonds rights for Franson + Colborne + 2nd.

Third line of Kassian- Colborne- Hansen has some beef and skill to it.

Give it a whirl, lets have some fun with this.

I know people are saying that nobody wants Raymond, but to trade his rights is one thing, let another team take a peak at him. Nonis knows him well.

Cody Franson loves Toronto. He grew up a Maple Leafs fan, is from a Maple Leafs family, and has said many times that he's thrilled to be playing there. He won't be traded, and if he was, it would be against his will

Don't want him

Toronto doesn't have anything worth trading for with the exception of Schenn and Schenn does not get Luongo 1 for 1. I don't even believe this garbage about Luongo having Toronto on his "list of teams".

Get stuffed Toronto, you aren't getting Luongo.

Start the fun? Oh, it's been started for a long time now, and most of it would not be classified as 'fun' in any form.

Colborne is good but Franson hasn't really stepped up beyond a depth pairing guy. Throwing in the second does try and average it out I guess, but I'd rather go after Schenn and their 1st.

Guest PUNJABI CANUCK

It would be cool to have Franson playing in B.C., again and, since he's from Surrey, he knows how to intimidate the other team.

• 1 month later...

Some proposals on here are crazy. Like Gardiner and their 1st for luongo and a 2nd. I don't have any proposed solution myself, but I understand a few things.

The first round pick is untouchable.

Gardiner will not be traded.

The deal will be comprised of two components: the "hockey trade" (player(s) for player(s)) and the contract(s) going either way.

The leafs will want us to take Komisarek (sp?)

Personally I would like to get Schenn and Franson. However I know we would need to send another piece back like Tanev. Then the trade seems unfair so we they would need to add a pick. This would result in us needing to take Komisarek, but I don't think they would be trading 3 defenseman......... This is why I am no good at proposals lol

Archived