The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks' Gillis Refutes Reports Of Luongo's Trade List , A Piece About Av As Well

Guest PUNJABI CANUCK

Guest PUNJABI CANUCK

* Feel free to merge in another thread...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=394319

Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis refuted reports on Thursday that Roberto Luongo will submit a short list of teams he would accept a trade to.

Gillis addressed the Luongo reports on TEAM1040 in Vancouver, stating that nothing has been decided as of yet.

"We've met, but we've decided that we're just going to take our time and meet in a few days or talk in a few days on the phone," he said. "So, I'm not quite sure why something like that would be out there."

Cory Schneider started the last three games of the Canucks' first round playoff lost to the Los Angeles, fueling speculation that Luongo could be traded this off-season. On Tuesday Luongo said that he would waive his no trade clause if the Canucks asked him to. Gillis stressed he thought it would be beneficial for everyone to take some time after their season before making any firm decisions.

"I think we all need to just step back for a couple days here and not do anything - not think about it for a little bit. And then we can begin to plan out what we want to do with this team over the course of the summer and for the upcoming season. It's a little premature to start down that path already."

"We'll get together either beginning of next week or talk on the telephone next week and see where he's at, how he felt about the team, how he felt about himself, and go from there."

Gillis also touched on the subject of Alain Vigneault's status, taking a similar approach to the Luongo situation.

"I know we'll get together sometime in the next ten days, that's sort of the outside timeframe depending on everyone's schedule," he said. "We'll make some decisions, talk about the team like we do every year, and the business, and give him an outline of what I have in mind and go from there."

TSN (media) jumping the gun a bit. I still believe that Gillis will confirm this within a few weeks time. AV will probably be given a list of expectations in order to stick around for more than another year.

* Feel free to merge in another thread...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=394319

Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis refuted reports on Thursday that Roberto Luongo will submit a short list of teams he would accept a trade to.

Gillis addressed the Luongo reports on TEAM1040 in Vancouver, stating that nothing has been decided as of yet.

"We've met, but we've decided that we're just going to take our time and meet in a few days or talk in a few days on the phone," he said. "So, I'm not quite sure why something like that would be out there."

Cory Schneider started the last three games of the Canucks' first round playoff lost to the Los Angeles, fueling speculation that Luongo could be traded this off-season. On Tuesday Luongo said that he would waive his no trade clause if the Canucks asked him to. Gillis stressed he thought it would be beneficial for everyone to take some time after their season before making any firm decisions.

"I think we all need to just step back for a couple days here and not do anything - not think about it for a little bit. And then we can begin to plan out what we want to do with this team over the course of the summer and for the upcoming season. It's a little premature to start down that path already."

"We'll get together either beginning of next week or talk on the telephone next week and see where he's at, how he felt about the team, how he felt about himself, and go from there."

Gillis also touched on the subject of Alain Vigneault's status, taking a similar approach to the Luongo situation.

"I know we'll get together sometime in the next ten days, that's sort of the outside timeframe depending on everyone's schedule," he said. "We'll make some decisions, talk about the team like we do every year, and the business, and give him an outline of what I have in mind and go from there."

TSN (media) jumping the gun a bit. I still believe that Gillis will confirm this within a few weeks time. AV will probably be given a list of expectations in order to stick around for more than another year.

Guest PUNJABI CANUCK

I heard the 1040 interview and he did NOT refute this. The hosts even agreed that he just skirted the question and did not confirm or refute it!!

What ever happens, it will be a sad day.

I am a Lu supporter and I don't want to see him go. If I had the choice I would not let that happen. People are miss guided in blaming Lu for the teams ups and downs.

With that said, I want whats best for this team and if Cory is ready I will support him and the team as always.

I wish Canucks fans would realize how excited other teams and their fan bases would be to get a world class goaltender like Luongo, The Leaf's website has Luongo on the front page contemplating what it would take to get him, they think he instantly makes them a contender... Realize that we are running a world class goaltender out of town! He has done everything this franchise has asked him to do, he has come up just 1 game short.

All year fans and media couldn t wait for Luongo to leave especially Sportsnet Nick Kypreos.

He has always hated Luongo always bashed him.

Why is evryone surprised..if the team of his choice does not come along..he can just as well retire all together.

Why would he stay in a city that keeps booing him and prefering Schneider (with many reasons)

He is a very classy guy and I respect him cause if money was the most important thing he would not be willing to move ..He could just as well decide to stay on the bench and still make his millions.

He is gone his condo in Yaletown is for sale.....

Money is not everything and he just proved him..even if it means retirement....

Guest BuckFoston

I wish Canucks fans would realize how excited other teams and their fan bases would be to get a world class goaltender like Luongo, The Leaf's website has Luongo on the front page contemplating what it would take to get him, they think he instantly makes them a contender... Realize that we are running a world class goaltender out of town! He has done everything this franchise has asked him to do, he has come up just 1 game short.

Archived