The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks' Gillis Refutes Reports Of Luongo's Trade List , A Piece About Av As Well

Guest PUNJABI CANUCK

Fans won't turn on Schneider? What makes him more special than, uhh let's see, EVERY SINGLE OTHER GOALIE THIS CITY HAS HAD? Is there a goalie that fans have cheered through ups and downs?

I can tell your expectations are already too high and I wouldn't doubt if you're one of those that turns on Schneids, IF we decide to keep him. Nothing's been decided yet and I doubt MG will just dump the guy who turned our franchise into a legit contender without putting some serious thoughts put into it, not just like some fans around.

I love this "unrealistic standard" some of you are talking about. Lou is expected to perform miracles from time to time. He seldom doea. Schneider actually performs those miracles sometimes and some of us prefer that. But we're "running a elite goaltender out of town" and "treating him badly". I've never spoken to the man. I've never said one disrespectful word about him, unless you count "I'm not confident that Lou is the goal tender that will win us the cup" as disrespectful.

I'm sorry, but Schneider is the one who ran him out of town with a little help from Lou himself.

He asked MG to trade him in the player exit meetings, he's gone. And I didn't say the fans will never turn on Schneider. If you would've read what I wrote, I said that they won't turn on Schneider unless he has epic playoff meltdowns (notice the pluralization, meaning multiple meltdowns). Again, I don't think it's unfair to expect an elite goalie not to have multiple playoff meltdowns in three straight years.

Really??? 'Cause you know what? I haven't heard MG say that, NOR have I heard Luo say that. Just a number of twittering hockey hacks, sleazy sports media hacks seizing on a story, any story and a bunch of foaming-at-the-mouth-rubbing-their-hands-with-glee rabid posters on CDC. Unfrickinbelievable. Talk about hysteria...... it makes me ashamed and sickened to be associated with such Canucks 'fans'.

Really??? 'Cause you know what? I haven't heard MG say that, NOR have I heard Luo say that. Just a number of twittering hockey hacks, sleazy sports media hacks seizing on a story, any story and a bunch of foaming-at-the-mouth-rubbing-their-hands-with-glee rabid posters on CDC. Unfrickinbelievable. Talk about hysteria...... it makes me ashamed and sickened to be associated with such Canucks 'fans'.

You will never hear MG say that until after the trade because it would diminish the returns. It's one thing if one person is reporting it, but if multiple people are reporting it, while it could still be untrue, it's less likely to be untrue. Calm down, you're the one who seems hysterical. The team is taking exactly the direction I wanted it to take.

You think Schneider will throw away his chance to be the #1 with a cup contending team out of some sense of loyalty to Luongo? If he really wanted to show his loyalty to Luongo, he wouldn't have played so goddamned well.

:lol: Ironing? Guess the players have a new hobby after Golfing :rolleyes::P

/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=10614741">snapback.pngBertuzzi Babe, on 27 April 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

LMAO @ the "Calm down, you're the one who seems hysterical." after the hundreds of raging posts on something that hasn't even been confirmed as true. Oh the ironing........

:picard:

Archived