Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

- - - - -

Canucks' Gillis Refutes Reports Of Luongo's Trade List , A Piece About Av As Well

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
155 replies to this topic

#151 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

It is a business .. and nothing we say on this Forum effects any Canuck one iota .. if Luongo goes, then AV should be gone with him .. a fresh start is needed .. much of the "reason" for Lui being in the situation he finds himself falls at the feet of his Coach .. the beginning of the end was when Lui dictated to AV that he was staying in the net last year versus the Bruins.

Cory just needs a solid, veteran goalie to mentor him and back him up for 25-30 games next year .. the Lack comes up in 2013-14 ..

Agreed,but as is the topic of this thread-Gillis refutes reports of Luongo's trade list-I think the situation Luo finds himself in rests with the GM.

#152 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

Wakeup and smell the java, Babe - he's as good as gone... It's gonna be hard to tell the Lu's from the boos as Roberto leaves town, but either way HE WANTS OUT, and I don't blame him. Gillis and AV forced his hand by sitting him for last 3 games. Kind of dirty pool by Gillis IMO, even in business, employees shouldn't be treated like that. Lu was totally embarrassed by being benched in he playoffs - waving his NTC was the obvious outcome. Well done Gillis you p.o.s.!!

Unlike some others I could mention, I will wait until I hear it confirmed from either horse's mouth before I jump on the speculation wagon.

All I've ever said in this regard is that there's a whole lot of people reading a whole lot of stuff into something that may or may not be true. It has been pointed out to me that Gillis is not going to confirm a trade until the trade is done. While that may be so, the FACT still remains that neither Luo or MG have confirmed any of this nonsense and as such, all this hoopla and trade hysteria is STILL speculation and rumourmongering.

And I like my coffee double double style, thanks. Grab me one on your way past Timmy's, will ya? ;)

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 29 April 2012 - 10:19 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#153 Canuckster22

Canuckster22

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

Two years ago, after the loss to Chicago, I came on this site and stated that the Canucks would keep Scheids over the next couple of years as an insurance policy against Lou not regaining the form he had in 2007 and potentially trading him. Over the next few years I came on here and reiterated why I though Schnieder was a better goalie.

As a result, I had people act like 12 yr olds not responding to my critisisms of Lou's play and how (while he is still a very good goalie), didn't bring the same things to the game that the Kid behind him did. Those things included, mental toughness, the ability to make very difficult saves in key games and key times to keep his team in it, to steal games like he used to, rebound control, and positioning.

All that I got back from the adolescents on this site was vitriol. Comments such as troll, you are not a fan, leave, on and on. I was suspeneded from the site numerous times for stating facts, and I suppose inciting the villiage idiots, and my last one was deserved as I played the game to show those on here a mirror, one that proved the childishness of many on here.

That being said. I came back on for one reason, and one reason only. For those who said I didn't know what I was talking about, challenged my hockey knowledge, just because I had a view that Schnieds was a better goalie..

I say touche..I say I was right, I say AV and MG have agreed with my view that I called two years ago. I say most in the hockey world include many on here agree (based on the simple fact they believe Schnieds would get more in a trade)

Thank You as I TAKE A BOW.

GUESS WHAT Bertuzzi Babe. I was right.

#154 Iamacanuck18

Iamacanuck18

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

Schneids for Lupal and schenn

#155 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

GUESS WHAT Bertuzzi Babe. I was right.

Back again with a dupe account just to post this? Aren't you special.......

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 29 April 2012 - 10:31 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#156 Iamacanuck18

Iamacanuck18

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

When has Luo

Luongo asked to be traded (good, we treated him like s***. He is a good goalie)

His house if for sale.

Its pure speculation at this point

When did Luongo ask to be traded? Luongo said " He is about the team first." "He would prefer to do whats best for the team." If asked to waive his NTC he would.

He never asked for a trade!!!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.