The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider With Lack As Back Up For Next Year?

westvandude

Given all the news around Lu getting traded this summer, the thought of Schneider as #1 and Lack as the back up is very intriguing given what I hear about Lack.

For those who follow these things closely, is Lack ready to be a back in NHL yet? How do you feel about that combo working next year?

I think we should get a veteran backup, a Johan Hedberg type goalie. This will be helpful if Schneider falters, but also so that we can control the amount of game (around 50 instead of 60+ for his first year).

Given all the news around Lu getting traded this summer, the thought of Schneider as #1 and Lack as the back up is very intriguing given what I hear about Lack.

For those who follow these things closely, is Lack ready to be a back in NHL yet? How do you feel about that combo working next year?

Let's not count those chickens before they hatch, Canuck fans. Need to keep in mind the remote possibility of Schneider signing only a 1-year extension with VAN with an eye towards replacing Tim Thomas in goal for his hometown Bruins beginning in 2013. I think it'd be wise to wait and see what happens with Tuukka Rask, who's also an RFA this summer and currently makes $1.2m compared to Schneider's 900k.

Wouldn't it be horrible if, after all the smoke clears, the Canucks lost both Luongo and Schneider?

Sign a veteran backup, Limit Cory to 60ish for his first full season.

Get the fans/media to accept that we will probably have fewer wins next year than the last two, while he settles into more starts.

Run him out of town the year after that. :ph34r:

Archived