Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

InSoM-

Ryan Kesler & Mason Raymond

46 posts in this topic

Both can and will be effective next season for us. Kes can get us 30+ and Mason 20+, it's non issue.

TOTALLY MISSED THE BOAT WITH KESLER ! ...... he is a shooter

..... put him with the passers on the 1st line - the Sedins !

Get a 2nd line center and put Kesler-Sedins together for a season ?

Be happy with the Presidents Cup .... we love the fast, finesse

Euro style hockey in the regular season - but be prepared to

go no farther with the Sedins ! Unfortunately, we need the

rock 'em - sock 'em players to get to the Stanley Cup and

at the present time we don't have them and Canucks are not

prepared to go an get them ! Save your playoff dough for golf !

Both can and will be effective next season for us. Kes can get us 30+ and Mason 20+, it's non issue.

TOTALLY MISSED THE BOAT WITH KESLER ! ...... he is a shooter

..... put him with the passers on the 1st line - the Sedins !

Get a 2nd line center and put Kesler-Sedins together for a season ?

Be happy with the Presidents Cup .... we love the fast, finesse

Euro style hockey in the regular season - but be prepared to

go no farther with the Sedins ! Unfortunately, we need the

rock 'em - sock 'em players to get to the Stanley Cup and

at the present time we don't have them and Canucks are not

prepared to go an get them ! Save your playoff dough for golf !

Raymond is staying, even Gillis said he has confidence in him and they will be patient with him...

Keep Kesler, get rid of Raymond. Let him walk, package him.. I don't even care, as long as he GTFO of our organization. Hope he finds success on a different team.

We just need to find a playmaking winger for Kes and Booth and watch them have career seasons. Or get a playmaking centre and ship Kes to the right wing, since Booth is already left.

Well, if they are going to keep Raymond for next and he is still struggling, then we should trade him.

But to me they should trade him right now as he doesn't fit with this team. He needs to go somewhere else for a fresh start.

Kes is defintely staying. no doubt about it. Raymod is going to be great next season too. he just needs some confidence and he'll go on a roll!

your 100% right about raymond

as much as i hope that gillis would pass on resigning him his value is low , i think he should be given a two way contract tho honestly

If we don't get a good trade for Luongo and keep Raymond as our 2nd/3rd/4th line RW I probably won't cheer for the Canucks next year.

In all god's honesty Raymond is terrible and any team he is on will not win the Stanley cup.

Kesler had surgery, and then a shoulder injury. Raymond had his back broken, and didn't return to the lineup until December, which, it looks now, was too early. If it takes an entire season to recover, Raymond hasn't yet. I'd really like to see what is possible from him, with 1 more season. Get rid of him next year, if we must. I would hate to see him traded, and have a breakout year for someone else, when it could have been the Canucks reaping the rewards. My two cents

I don't know how anyone could watch Raymond this past year and think to themselves "I want that guy back in our lineup"

He has no size or strength. He isn't that great defensively (competent, but nothing special), and he was given about 10,000 chances to perform with our stars in a billion different matchings, and he couldn't get ANYTHING done.

He had his chance, and he messed it up.

His one decent year doesn't overshadow his 3 or 4 completely average if not unimpressive ones. Raymond takes up a top 6 slot that could be given to a much better player, and he isn't defensively sound enough nor physical enough to be a bottom 6 regular

He's gotta go

Its pretty clear that Gillis intends to qualify Raymond; and that he both expects it to be accepted at the minimum level & that Raymond do what's necessary in summer to come back playing much stronger. There was no endorsement of any kind that Raymond was where he needs to be at!

I don't think he will have a long leash, or that he would not be moved once signed if the opportunity arose. But $2.5 is not horrible for what he could put up. And, as he scored when he played with Lappy & Henrik on the first line; he could also be attractive to teams without depth and needing speed up front. Its not a real problem.

Raymond is an RFA - so we have to qualify him or not qualify him, which would then make him a UFA. At that point, Raymond and Gillis can negotiate for a LOWER cap hit contract. This is unlikely.

If Gillis wants to keep him, or if he fears other GMs extending offer sheets to Raymond, then MG has to qualify him - for a player getting paid more than $1 million, the qualifying offer has to be at least 100%.

So your idea of signing Raymond for CHEAP is unlikely to happen unless CBA changes dramatically. We have to pay Raymond at least the same amount of money we are paying him now. At 2.5M, he's likely gone. Raymond is still young, but can't see Raymond taking another step in his development that will make him a top 6 forward. If he's not playing a top 6 forward role with the Canucks, he really is a misfit.

Hope this clarifies.

All I'm going to sasy is that I can't believe that some of you idiots wants to trade Kesler because he had ONE bad year :picard:

Raymond is a death trap for every line he plays on. He can't get points on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th line. Every line he's been on results in lower production of the other two forwards. He sucks the life out of any line.

Raymond is the Jackie Robinson of soft hockey. I respect what he's trying to do for the sport, but that kind of soft play is really only for the Euro leagues.

If we don't get a good trade for Luongo and keep Raymond as our 2nd/3rd/4th line RW I probably won't cheer for the Canucks next year.

In all god's honesty Raymond is terrible and any team he is on will not win the Stanley cup.

I don't know how anyone could watch Raymond this past year and think to themselves "I want that guy back in our lineup"

He has no size or strength. He isn't that great defensively (competent, but nothing special), and he was given about 10,000 chances to perform with our stars in a billion different matchings, and he couldn't get ANYTHING done.

He had his chance, and he messed it up.

His one decent year doesn't overshadow his 3 or 4 completely average if not unimpressive ones. Raymond takes up a top 6 slot that could be given to a much better player, and he isn't defensively sound enough nor physical enough to be a bottom 6 regular

He's gotta go