The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Madness! Someone Start A Save Luongo Campaign Before Its Too Late!

Tiers

Schneider can be average all year if he wants to be, so long as we get into the post season, where he's already proved to everyone he doesn't cave under pressure. Rather, he seems to thrive on it.

That's where he is going to make the difference. I could care less if we finish 8th next year, so long as we have a guy in goal when it counts who is consistantly good.

If Schneider can't get us to the playoffs next season...its a fair bet to say that Lou would not have either. He would have to up his game a lot to mirror Cory's stats from this past season. And unless he changes his game ie trust Melanson....its not going to happen...he didn;t this year...Cory did....and therein lies the difference !!

I support Luongo too, but, the writing's on the wall and he knows it. Everyone knows it. Still no guarantee that Schneider will sign long term with the Canucks, though. Have to remember Tim Thomas's contract expires after next season. If Mike Gillis trades Roberto Luongo --- even if he's simply honouring Lu's trade request --- AND manages to lose Cory Schneider to the Bruins as a UFA after next season, HE'LL be the next one to go for sure whether AV's still here or not.

Well when fans have cheered Luongo being pulled the past couple seasons, and have constantly trashed him through various media outlets, I think management starts to get the general concensus of what fans think.

If you don't think fans can put pressure on management, then you're crazy. Fans are the organiztions customers, and the saying goes that the customer is always right. Although I'm not sure I agree with fans on this one.

I am the biggest Luongo fan and in the end I would want him to be happy. He will not be happy in Vancouver. You need to step out of the box and see that this is not gonna work out with having Schneider and Luongo both stay. As a GM, you need to see that you will get a #1 worthy goalie at a cheaper cost than Luongo and do whats right for the team. Of course I want Luongo to stay, but its just not possible for this tandem to keep going like they are. Schneider wants to play more than 30 games a year and he has shown that he deserves to play. I am content with going forward with Schneider and having a few couple million of cap space open up in the process to make our team better. I want a cup at the end of the day for this organization. We need to make the necessary changes to get that. We are all fans of players and don't want them to go, but at the end of the day, the goal is to win a cup and hockey is a business.

Roberto wants to leave Vancouver because he is not being handed the starting role. If Roberto wins the cup, it will be a slap in the face to the entire Canucks organization because Roberto has decided to abandon the team. He could have been patient throughout the next few months and worked with the team he had supposedly been loyal to. He does not want to remain patient and play for the Stanley Cup with the team he recently reached the Stanley Cup Finals with. He is leaving because he doesn't enjoy splitting games and will not allow the team to spend time negotiating the best possible offer.

If he wins the Stanley Cup before the Canucks, his actions may possible be considered a betrayal to this franchise. He is likely only leaving because he wants to play the majority of the games. It apparently does not matter to him which team he plays for, even if it is with the Leafs. He did not want to be patient with the Canucks. He is leaving for his own sake, which is understandable. He is leaving and disregarding his history with this team because he is no longer receiving the guaranteed starts he received in the past.

He is walking out on the team because they have successfully developed a goaltender who can challenge his position. Certainly, if he abandons the team and wins the Stanley Cup, it would be a major slap in the face. Somebody who lacks loyalty should have to pay his dues to win the Stanley Cup; leaving a team as soon as he faces adversity in net should not be the key to winning.

I disagree that Lu is 'betraying' anyone. I wouldn't blame him for wanting out of this stupid fishbowl. He may not win every game, some would argue he 'melts down'. Be that as it may, he is treated like crap here. I'd want out too.

I wish he and Schneids could share.

Ya, Schneids sure proved he doesnt cave and will save the day like when he came in and won our way to the next round...oh wait , I seem to remember differently that he lost 2 games, Like Luongo, and we were eliminated!!!

Blind faith in an unproven commodity sounds like a good recipe to me???

Archived