The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Madness! Someone Start A Save Luongo Campaign Before Its Too Late!

Tiers

The league has too many teams to create dynasty teams that win cups successively. So that definition of Dynasty no longer applies. Our Canucks are the current NHL dynasty team. Most players would not hesitate to play for us. We have the best chance to win a cup right now. But it is still below 50%. Hot goalies win cups, always have but in this era even more. Lou is fantastic but has never had that perfect post season. If forced MG and AV will make the move.

And forget being out coached. AV and MG came a wrap around from forcing game 6. That's why we love OT playoff hockey. Schneids is ready to take the risk if that is what is needed.

Everybody wants to feel satisfied with their jobs, and an NHL goalie is no different. Until recently, Roberto could go to work with a high degree of certainty that he was the Number One Guy, which fit with his image of himself and his capabilities. Gradually, his status as the Number One Guy has become in serious doubt, and it has shaken the certainty that he has to have in order to feel both secure of his place on the team and with the quality of his play. Most people say he didn't play himself out of the starter's role, but really, he did. Sure he made some great saves, but the goals he was letting in invariably had him flopping on his belly with his feet inside the net. He simply did not win the first two games against the eight seed in his home rink, and an A-1 goaltender MUST do that for you. And I think that he is such a proud man that he can't see himself regaining the full confidence of his teammates, so he really is driving the bus on this issue of a trade. If any of you have ever workd in a toxic work environment, you know it isn't pleasant. Luongo, along with careful prompting from his agent, will negotiate the best outcome for Luongo, He always has, so what would he change now. The only question now is when, where and how quickly can this get done, because the endless articles and posts are becoming tedious and repetitious. Mine incuded

I am not in Vancouver(Victoria) but I am telling you all before it is too late someone, somewhere has to start a campaign to stop this insanity and show support for Luongo staying here. You are all gonna regret this when he is gone.

Get on the INTERNET phone RADIO and TV STATIONS, BILLBOARDS , BURN THE DOWNTOWN, (oops nevermind that) SOMETHING YOU FOOLS !!!

For once show Rpberto Luongo some support dammit !

STOP THE MADNESS!!!

I agree with NHL owners and players on their hockey opinion over yours. The opinion is that the fans play a part by feeding the media. The media who only cares about the coverage will cover what the majority of fans are saying good or bad. This has been an issue in hockey markets like Vancouver now for ages. Where have you been?

Archived