The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I'd Rather Keep Luongo Than Schneider

Sixteen W's

I'd be totally in favour of trading Schneider instead of Luongo if the return was high enough. I'd do it for Stamkos or Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Corey Perry. Getzlaf. Hell, I'd do it for Nash. If they could actually get a Star forward for him, who wouldn't do it?

I'd be totally in favour of trading Schneider instead of Luongo if the return was high enough. I'd do it for Stamkos or Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Corey Perry. Getzlaf. Hell, I'd do it for Nash. If they could actually get a Star forward for him, who wouldn't do it?

Okay guys, I have a real confusion. People say we should trade Cory because he will bring a "higher value". But some of those people are the same people when asked why can't Cory be our number one, their answer is that he's "unproven and a risk".

Wouldn't claiming that he's unproven and a risk lower his value compared to Lu?

Okay guys, I have a real confusion. People say we should trade Cory because he will bring a "higher value". But some of those people are the same people when asked why can't Cory be our number one, their answer is that he's "unproven and a risk".

Looking at the pros/cons of the goalie situation in Vancouver it is clear that Schneider is the better choice. Luongo has done a lot for the organization, nobody will question this. However, Luongo is a franchise player, and he has come up short way too often; Luongo had great seasons, however, always became inconsistent in the playoffs. This is where any General Manager is going to have major concern with Luongo. The two years the Hawks lite up Luongo, then losing in Game 6 & 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, how many chances does a goalie need? I apologize, I defended Luongo for years but enough is enough, it's time to move on and get some value for him now.

Luongo's contract is not very appealing neither, and it will be great getting that off the books. This can bring us to Schneider and having the ability to sign him to a reasonable contract, which will help the organization: 3-5 years worth 3-4 million a year. Moreover, Schneider has been successful throughout the season, putting up similar numbers to Luongo and winning key games--i.e. Boston, Detriot and Chicago. Of course there is that chance that Schneider will crack under the pressure, however, I doubt this will happen and unfortunately this remains unforseen.

The more important question I think surrounds the trade value of Luongo. I'd love to see some deal to get Nash from Columbus, however, I am being idealistic. To be more prudent, I think Tampa Bay and Toronto are the top two teams for the Luongo sweepstakes. Alas, we will have to wait and see where Luongo goes!

I love what Luongo has done for us but realistically we wont get any closer than we did last year no matter who is in net. I hope Im wrong but I feel as though I could bet a ton of money that Im right. Im sure Luongo probably feels that way too. I also feel that Luongo would be rejuvinated being on a new team. And we have a really bad contract with him now and if we could unload it that would be great. I know we would have to pay Schneider more but how much? He has never played as a starter yet so how could he get any more than 2.5 - 3 mil per? If he was unrestricted maybe but restricted It just doesnt make sense. I bet a fair and modest raise and a starter role would be enough for him. But there is another factor that nobody is talking about as far as which goalie to trade. After next season Schneids will be unrestricted. So If M.G. wants to sign him will Cory be reluctant to sign multi year deal in hopes to cash in after he is a UFA. If that is the case then we may need to trade Cory istead. A general managers job is so complex. Good luck M.G.

Actually, isn't Magikarp one of the most powerful pokemon in the games? He's the only pokemon you can actually find in the wild at level 99. Also, old Magikarp are known to be able to leap entire mountains. Considering that 71% of the world is covered in water, and Magikarp pretty much make up 90% of the world's sea activity, then that means that Magikarp has the numbers advantage and pretty much have you surrounded all the time. Also, if your Magikarp is down to 1hp, it's attack "flail" deals 200 base damage. That's pretty intense.

Actually, isn't Magikarp one of the most powerful pokemon in the games? He's the only pokemon you can actually find in the wild at level 99. Also, old Magikarp are known to be able to leap entire mountains. Considering that 71% of the world is covered in water, and Magikarp pretty much make up 90% of the world's sea activity, then that means that Magikarp has the numbers advantage and pretty much have you surrounded all the time. Also, if your Magikarp is down to 1hp, it's attack "flail" deals 200 base damage. That's pretty intense.

So given that everyone in the League would be aware if it's true that Lou wants out, the price anyone is willing to pay will drop. Couple that with Lou restricting it to a couple teams and we'll be all but giving him away. In fact, we'll likely be in a position where we have to take deadwood in return. Then if Schneids also wants out (a possibility given his comments), we'll be sitting in a position where the Canucks have to take discounts in terms of trade value on both of them. And *poof* gone from the envy of the league in goalie riches to no starting goalie. Or at best, a hostage to a contract.

Oh what a revoltin' development this is turning into.

Archived