The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I'd Rather Keep Luongo Than Schneider

Sixteen W's

I post about once or twice a year, yes you could call me a forum lurker.

However this is exactly how I feel on the current situation and have not seen it supported much on here, let's keep em both!

Cory is a RFA, so we should tender the max that is allowed by us and if another team chooses to put forth an offer sheet we need to see if we can fit that within our cap and if not how we could. But at the end of the day I believe if we are able to retain our tandem of Lu and Cory our team will be better off.... assuming AV gets the axe he rightly deserves.

Canucks in 2013!

However this is exactly how I feel on the current situation and have not seen it supported much on here, let's keep em both!

Cory is a RFA, so we should tender the max that is allowed by us and if another team chooses to put forth an offer sheet we need to see if we can fit that within our cap and if not how we could. But at the end of the day I believe if we are able to retain our tandem of Lu and Cory our team will be better off.... assuming AV gets the axe he rightly deserves.

Canucks in 2013!

Simply, the Canucks would get a better return for Schneider than Luongo right now. Even if the team frees up Luongo's cap space, a bulk of that will go into Schneider's new contract.

The Canucks' window of opportunity depends on how long the Sedins can play at the level they're playing.

It's the lack of offense and defense that let Luongo down. Even with Schneider, this team just did nothing better to win.

The Canucks have had phenomenal goaltending with no offense when Luongo first got here, and it didn't work out. If Luongo wants out though, it's obviously his decision, and who could blame him?

Canucks in 2013!

You do realize that his size 15 skates and the fact that he is playing deeper in the net forces him to go on his stomach to make certain saves, right? The same saves Schneider makes, Luongo has to go down because he is bow-legged and has MASSIVE skates.

Actually, isn't Magikarp one of the most powerful pokemon in the games? He's the only pokemon you can actually find in the wild at level 99. Also, old Magikarp are known to be able to leap entire mountains. Considering that 71% of the world is covered in water, and Magikarp pretty much make up 90% of the world's sea activity, then that means that Magikarp has the numbers advantage and pretty much have you surrounded all the time. Also, if your Magikarp is down to 1hp, it's attack "flail" deals 200 base damage. That's pretty intense.

Archived