Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raging Cookies

Do You People Really Expect Corey Schneider To Be The Best Goalie In History?

111 posts in this topic

He's expected to be better than Luongo, who is a far cry from the best goaltender of the last 100 years or whatever nonsense you're talking about.

I don't understand why everyone think the fans are gonna turn on Cory if god forbid we lose a playoff series..oh the horror.. PPL jump on Luongo because they've seen the meltdowns and that's the lasting image in your mind. The only way to erase those memories was to win a cup. As long as Cory is consistant and doesnt have those 5,6,7 goal game meltdowns the fans will be just fine with him.

I do think its unrealistic to expect him to post what a .937 or whatever numbers he posted this season playing a full year. .925 + would be exceptional.

Now he is playing with a great team, we will see how the Canucks change over the next few years. If they stay a great team his numbers will be great without meltdowns and slow starts. But who knows.

Expected to be as good as Marty Brodeur minus puck handling

I think he out plays Quick in a defensive based team.

He equates Rinne on a team with 2 Norris candidates.

He strives to conquer Lundqist. And I certainly believe he will.

Schneider needs to be smart, calm, and love to better himself.

He has all 3 and more, he is the real deal, and 68 games over 2 seasons on a team with a crap defensive core tells that story.

So yes I think he has more of a chance than anyone to become the best goalie in history, his style

SCREAMS

this fact

If he stayed in his damn net in Chicago game 6 we could have bloody well won 3-0, what would have happened then eh?

Funny how his meltdowns come at the exact same time that the team plays brutal hockey. Strange how that works, huh?

The problem is fans have become too used to him always saving our butts, so when he doesn't they turn on him. In reality Luongo has been making up for our average D-core in 5 of the 6 seasons he's been here. When you have Edler And Bieksa constsantly making bad reads that lead to odd man rushes, it's no wonder our team has blowout games in the playoffs.

You'll see it next season though if Schneider's number 1. You'll realize that goaltending wasn't actually the problem, and that it was actually our D.

How many consecutive playoffs say hi. The whole point of this thread that Cory could have those same meltdowns say hi.

The fans as a majority on CDC are just plain ridiculous.

I think he out plays Quick in a defensive based team.

He equates Rinne on a team with 2 Norris candidates.

He strives to conquer Lundqist. And I certainly believe he will.

Schneider needs to be smart, calm, and love to better himself.

He has all 3 and more, he is the real deal, and 68 games over 2 seasons on a team with a crap defensive core tells that story.

So yes I think he has more of a chance than anyone to become the best goalie in history, his style

SCREAMS

this fact

If he stayed in his damn net in Chicago game 6 we could have bloody well won 3-0, what would have happened then eh?

Cory hasn't had any playoff meltdowns. While Luo has had many.

No, but he can probably deliver more consistent/better goal tending than Niemi/Crawford, so he should give us a chance to win a cup.

Also those play-off stats are stupid, what is the sample size for Schneider 4 games? <_< Sort of pointless.