Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raging Cookies

Do You People Really Expect Corey Schneider To Be The Best Goalie In History?

tries to refute that schneider's stats are better by bringing up luongo's regular season and playoff stats.

i knew the majority of cdc were 15 year old idiots but this is taking it to a whole new level.

Funny how his meltdowns come at the exact same time that the team plays brutal hockey. Strange how that works, huh?

The problem is fans have become too used to him always saving our butts, so when he doesn't they turn on him. In reality Luongo has been making up for our average D-core in 5 of the 6 seasons he's been here. When you have Edler And Bieksa constsantly making bad reads that lead to odd man rushes, it's no wonder our team has blowout games in the playoffs.

You'll see it next season though if Schneider's number 1. You'll realize that goaltending wasn't actually the problem, and that it was actually our D.

Here are some interesting stats!!!!! For Canucks Records! Especially the playoff ones!

Regular Season:

Goals Against Average

Schneider GP68 GAA 2.24

Luongo GP386 GAA 2.35

Save Percentage

Schneider GP68 SV% .928

Luongo GP386 SV% .920

Playoffs:

Goals Against Average

Luongo GP59 GAA 2.50

Schneider GP5 GAA 2.58

Save Percentage

Luongo GP59 SV% .917

Schneider GP5 SV% .915

Schneider is the better goalie right now. It's just a fact, the coaching staff believe it and his stats show it. He may not be able to play the puck worth crap, but is Luongo is really any better? Plus, Schneider doesn't suck dick in almost every shootout like Luo. I pick the third Sedin.

Because thats what his stats currently represent. One of the best goalies in NHL history.

So what's more likely, that his stats fall down to earth quite alot with a MUCH higher workload?

Or do you honestly believe that we have the best goalie in 100+ years of NHL history on our roster?

I know it's very easy to want to throw Luongo to the curb for a guy that has the potential to be better, but maybe remember that Schneids has never played more than 35 games in a season. He's won 1 playoff game in his career, and his PK% is so obscenely high right now that its 50% better than any other goaltender ever.

If Schneider does indeed end up being our goaltender of the future, you might consider tempering your expectations. God-willing he has a slump, or gets knocked out of the playoffs.

Don't forget the most glaring stat of the finals... .880 save percentage and that is with the three wins being two shutouts and the other game he only let in two goals. The four games he lost were some of the most brutal efforts ever in a cup final. My favorite was games six where he let in three goals in three minutes to start the first period...

We expect Cory to be consistent and I fully believe he will be able to keep up his play for a full season. To say that he cant implies that hes weak mentally and physically and from what we've seen from Cory I cant say thats it. And to quote Bertuzzi, "it is what it is", Luongo was the greatest goalie we saw in Vancouver but he wants out and we cant go back on that.

Are you high on crack, how could you post utter bull!! this is proof that Lu fans like you are willing to ignore all logic and facts to make lu seem better! Thanks for this stupidity!!!!!!!

NHL totals 8 1 2 346 11 183 0 1.91 .940

These are Cory's playoff stats, math genius lol good luck in math 5! Troll of the day!

I prefer having Luongo playing for Vancouver than Schneider, if we want our team to be better. I would give Schneider two or three more years, until he is fully refined on his skills.

wow you never showed rage lol, that i must say is awesome!! I m getting my numbers from wiki too :) but if they werent there I would have calculated them lol. Wiki Cory Schneider...

I ended up doing a search and looked at Corys stats and realized the info I posted isn't updated with this years playoffs yet :(.

Schneider has a calm demeanor, has the right answer for every question.

Cory "The Answer" Schneider.

Lets just assume that we are splitting hairs and in reality both Luongo and Schneider are equals with one not better than the other. Now wouldn't it make sense to keep the younger goalie who will be with the Canucks for a long time and will probably sign a contract for a shorter term and at a lower cap hit?

I personally think that Luongo would be the preferred goalie in the trade market for a team looking for a true #1 with experience. Luongo's $5.33M cap hit is not an overplayment, the only issue is the term and there are out clauses long before the contract expires.I don't think that the contract is that big an issue for a team with cap space and in dire need of a great goalie.

If Columbus offered you Nash and their 1st pick for Luongo and Ballard, wouldn't you make the trade knowing that Schneider is ready to assume the #1 role?

Can you imagine Nash and the Sedins as the 1st line?

He's expected to be better than Luongo, who is a far cry from the best goaltender of the last 100 years or whatever nonsense you're talking about.