The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do You People Really Expect Corey Schneider To Be The Best Goalie In History?

Raging Cookies

I have been trying to beat this into CDC for some time now. Many people are just not smart enough to understand that or just don't want to. Everyone is acting like it's still a guarantee that we are in the playoffs next year without Lu. When Luongos consistent play during the regular season is a big part of why we are in the playoffs year after year. The hockey market takes luongo for granted and it's going to be interesting to see what happens when Schneider plays as a starter.

Good post and I'm probably one of the few who is not excited about Luo leaving and have much trepidation about Schneider becoming #1 goaltender for the Canucks, and who will be back-up. Would love to see both play for us, with Cory getting more games to play during the season.

Stats can be Skewed. Let's look at Playoff Winning Percentage. After all it is all about W's isn't it?

Luongo 32- 29 .525 winning %

Cloutier 10 -13 .435 winning %

Schneider 1- 3 .250 winning percentage.

Oh-oh, better bring Cloutier back to play playoff games instead of Schneids.

Luongo haters need to realize there is a risk in this guy leaving town and the Lui lovers have to recognize that although Schneider's body of work isn't large he has earned the right to be a starter here or somewhere. Will his stat line remain the same over the course of his career. Maybe? Maybe not?

So putting faith into a great prospect = not smart enough? Is that what you are saying? So how about all the other teams that are interested in making Schneids their number one, without much trepidation? Are they all not smart enough either? And all the hockey analysts and panels that say they think he is going to be a star in this league....also not smart? A major part of all sport is taking risks, and from what I have seen so far, Cory is a low risk.

But I will be sad to see Lu go. He's lived up to his billing IMO.

You can post Schneider's stats all you want. You're just proving my point.

Luongo has been posting consistent stats for 11 seasons now. thats a .917 or higher for the past 11 seasons in a row. For comparison? Miller's had 4. Lundqvist has had 5. Dominik Hasek had 4.

We're really expecting Schneider to immediately jump into this level of goaltending? What if he hits a slump? what if he gets injured? What if he doesn't have that calm dememour when he's a starter? What if he loses a playoff series, and let's in some bad goals?

I'm just trying to say...everyone is very very very excited about Schneider, I get it. But you're trading a known commodity, a , for a goaltender that has never played more than 35 games in a season.

And that doesn't scare ANYONE??

Stats can be Skewed. Let's look at Playoff Winning Percentage. After all it is all about W's isn't it?

Luongo 32- 29 .525 winning %

Cloutier 10 -13 .435 winning %

Schneider 1- 3 .250 winning percentage.

Oh-oh, better bring Cloutier back to play playoff games instead of Schneids.

Luongo haters need to realize there is a risk in this guy leaving town and the Lui lovers have to recognize that although Schneider's body of work isn't large he has earned the right to be a starter here or somewhere. Will his stat line remain the same over the course of his career. Maybe? Maybe not?

I think its a toss up the next 4 years who would be better for us Lou or Schneider. It's the following 6 years we want off our books that we can get rid of now. also Schneider is just so solid net and i feel lou has lost his game a little having him gone he will be able to play the style he wants and be a number 1.

See you just don't get it do u. It's not just about putting faith in a great prospect like every other team. The other prospects don't have luongo in front of them. Think is about putting faith in a backup prospect vrs a consistent starter. And moving the starter in favor of taking a chance the backup can continue to perform. And if he doesn't perform as expected its going to be a long painful road.

Archived