Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Do You People Really Expect Corey Schneider To Be The Best Goalie In History?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
110 replies to this topic

#31 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

8 goals against in game 3 vs Boston say hi.

I say hi as well.

Don't forget the most glaring stat of the finals... .880 save percentage and that is with the three wins being two shutouts and the other game he only let in two goals. The four games he lost were some of the most brutal efforts ever in a cup final. My favorite was games six where he let in three goals in three minutes to start the first period...

#32 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Don't forget the most glaring stat of the finals... .880 save percentage and that is with the three wins being two shutouts and the other game he only let in two goals. The four games he lost were some of the most brutal efforts ever in a cup final. My favorite was games six where he let in three goals in three minutes to start the first period...

Only bright side of that game was Cory.

#33 one-x

one-x

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

Maybe in Canucks history? I love Luongo but if Schneids can win a cup with us he will become #1 in my mind.
Until then, Luu has set the bar...haters can say what they want but it's a pretty high one imo.

tumblr_m8tr8mGRkW1rdrug2o1_400.jpg    tumblr_ncj1ajVA7j1tb6rtvo2_250.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#34 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

He has no soul, he feels no pressure. :bigblush:

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#35 one-x

one-x

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

Only bright side of that game was Cory.

To be fair, I think Luongo had a pair of shutouts in that series and you cannot hold him responsible for the game 7 loss.
...that being said it wasn't the greatest goaltending performance either. Would Schneider have done better? Dunno, tough to say.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#36 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

To be fair, I think Luongo had a pair of shutouts in that series and you cannot hold him responsible for the game 7 loss.
...that being said it wasn't the greatest goaltending performance either. Would Schneider have done better? Dunno, tough to say.

Talking about game 6 here.

Luo held us in to the series, but he also let in a few too many.

#37 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

you know the fans will still say retarded stuff like Luongo got outplayed by Thomas or whatever if he was to lost every game 2-1 so i see no difference. the end result to fans is Luongo didn't deliver them the cup. Nor will Schneider you can quote me on it. The team as a whole doesn't have what it takes to win. They aren't built for the playoff.. and every year there'll be someone disappearing in the playoff. Wasn't that always the theme of this team? The biggest issue with this team is definitely not goaltending.. it's the players that randomly disappear during a series or all of a sudden doesn't know how to play hockey

#38 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Taking ten games at a time and Cory will always have better numbers than Luo. The arguement of Cory not playing a lot of games can be used to argue he still has not played enough games to master his position. That being said it will be scary to see him once he has master his position, because he is as good as Luo right now.
People are saying the D infront of Luo makes him look bad , than how come with that same D Cory has looked outstanding and Luo has looked average to above average this year.

Luongo is still a good goalie there's no arguing that, but he is on the down side of his career and Cory is on the upside of his career showing that he could be one of the best in the NHL for years to come.

There's not a lot that Luongo can do in Van now. He has been oustanding overall in his stay in Van, but what has happened in this years playoffs I do not think Luo wants to stay. Van is lucky that Cory can take over and be just as good and more than likely more consistent in big games.

#39 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Meltdowns in the playoffs say hi.

Ok then, since everyone loves bringing up stats about how Schneider is better...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't know, his playoff numbers are very close to his regular season numbers....Nope, that can't be consistency!!!11

#40 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

you know the fans will still say retarded stuff like Luongo got outplayed by Thomas or whatever if he was to lost every game 2-1 so i see no difference. the end result to fans is Luongo didn't deliver them the cup. Nor will Schneider you can quote me on it. The team as a whole doesn't have what it takes to win. They aren't built for the playoff.. and every year there'll be someone disappearing in the playoff. Wasn't that always the theme of this team? The biggest issue with this team is definitely not goaltending.. it's the players that randomly disappear during a series or all of a sudden doesn't know how to play hockey

I will quote you on the fact that you have wasted a lot of your time watching the Canucks if you believe they will never win the cup.

#41 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Schneider is no Shawn Hunwick.

#42 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

8 goals against in game 3 vs Boston say hi.

I say hi as well.

Know what says hi? The 8 goals in a 7 game series we scored. The fact that we made it to game seven in SCF, with two shut outs from the best goaltender we've ever had.

Know whose nerves got him in the playoffs? Schnieders. Remember the cramp he had against Chicago? Stop using these small data examples to say he's better than Luongo, projections mean nothing.

Luongo deserves to stay, and should stay; we have a Halak situation here. Sell him while he's hot, he can get better but he also can get worse facing the large work load; like Hodgson did in Buffalo.
Posted Image

#43 BabyBolland

BabyBolland

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

Funny how his meltdowns come at the exact same time that the team plays brutal hockey. Strange how that works, huh?

The problem is fans have become too used to him always saving our butts, so when he doesn't they turn on him. In reality Luongo has been making up for our average D-core in 5 of the 6 seasons he's been here. When you have Edler And Bieksa constsantly making bad reads that lead to odd man rushes, it's no wonder our team has blowout games in the playoffs.

You'll see it next season though if Schneider's number 1. You'll realize that goaltending wasn't actually the problem, and that it was actually our D.

and you'll hopefully realize you know nothing about hockey mr. keyboard warrior

#44 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

Cory hasn't had any playoff meltdowns. While Luo has had many.

Posted Image

Cory has how many career playoff starts compared to Roberto?

Derp.

#45 BabyBolland

BabyBolland

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

Ok then, since everyone loves bringing up stats about how Schneider is better...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't know, his playoff numbers are very close to his regular season numbers....Nope, that can't be consistency!!!11

tries to refute that schneider's stats are better by bringing up luongo's regular season and playoff stats.

i knew the majority of cdc were 15 year old idiots but this is taking it to a whole new level.

#46 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

Talking about game 6 here.

Luo held us in to the series, but he also let in a few too many.

With two shut outs, we would be out of the series. Game one, 2 goals we would have lost. 2 goals in a game, not many. Same with game 5. He may have let in too many in some games, but the 8 goals was not enough to even call it a series.
Posted Image

#47 BabyBolland

BabyBolland

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

Funny how his meltdowns come at the exact same time that the team plays brutal hockey. Strange how that works, huh?

The problem is fans have become too used to him always saving our butts, so when he doesn't they turn on him. In reality Luongo has been making up for our average D-core in 5 of the 6 seasons he's been here. When you have Edler And Bieksa constsantly making bad reads that lead to odd man rushes, it's no wonder our team has blowout games in the playoffs.

You'll see it next season though if Schneider's number 1. You'll realize that goaltending wasn't actually the problem, and that it was actually our D.

circular logic at its finest. keep spewing bs and i just might send you flowers.

#48 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

circular logic at its finest. keep spewing bs and i just might send you flowers.

Lol. You replied to the same comment twice.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed

Edited by soshified, 26 April 2012 - 08:15 PM.

Posted Image

#49 one-x

one-x

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

tries to refute that schneider's stats are better by bringing up luongo's regular season and playoff stats.

i knew the majority of cdc were 15 year old idiots but this is taking it to a whole new level.

yes because being 15 automatically makes your opinion useless? :picard:

#50 Chris_P

Chris_P

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

My biggest concern is anyone remember Jim Carey? Won the Vazina and Calder his first year, had a couple of big seasons and then fell off the face of the earth.

Not saying that will happen to Schneider, but I already know Luongo can play, Schneider is largely unproven.

#51 z0rg

z0rg

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

Cory hasn't had any playoff meltdowns. While Luo has had many.

Posted Image

lol omg! Cory has played four playoffs games ... the graveyard is about to take another soul good work people!!! how long does Cory survive?
Posted Image

#52 pomorick

pomorick

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Louongo is a great goaltender who has had many more ups than downs. Unfortunately some of his downs have occurred at the wrong
times. Schneider shows every sign of being as good a goaltender and six years younger and with the possibility of being better yet.
One has to go and it looks like Louongo. Best goalie ever? It will be Schneider or Rask or Quick or one of their generation of goaltenders. In another five years will come a new generation of players who will be even better.
In almost every sport the bar keeps getting set higher as players get better training and development from an early age.

#53 nucklehead53

nucklehead53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

The D, not Kes, Lou or anyone else should be the focal point for MG and his team this summer
It only takes one hard fought series to make a rivalry

#54 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

who is corEy?? obviously you are on the wrong message boards since there is no one with that first name on the team :)

#55 CANUCKLELION

CANUCKLELION

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,078 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

It's true, CS's body of work is too small to base a long term projection on. Personally, I think he is going to be just fine.

My real concern is who the back up going to be? A guy with 0 NHL games? Just like CS, Lack is ready for the next step, he looks promising but is unproven.
R.I.P, Rick Rypien Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

Just like his sample size of 20-30 games in a regular season kind of pointless, when full time goalies play 60+ games a year and now Cory is going to give us a chance to win a cup, never playing anything close to 60+ games in a season.

So if both are pointless why the hell are you spamming pointless stats?

Cory has had enough of a go in the league it's clear he can play, now can he sustain it? Who knows, that is the gamble management faces. Like anything in life, high risk/ high reward.

As I said if Niemi can win a cup, Cory should be able to. I don't understand why so many of you are complete idiots and don't realize both of our goalies are good, one doesn't have to be great and the other no good it isn't an exclusive thing, they can both be good.

Edited by snolan, 26 April 2012 - 08:28 PM.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#57 Nucks-4-Life

Nucks-4-Life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

Trading Luongo is doubt a huge risk. We don't know how Schneider will play over the course of a full season.

At this point the fan base and the city has had enough with Luongo, and he feels it. Better for us to part ways now. Not only will we get some assets in return, we will free up at least 2 million in cap space. Hopefully the contract we get back won't be too bad or at least someone we can bury in the minors.

I for one think Schneider is technically better than Luongo, and how shown more composure mentally in the games he has played.

I think it is exciting to have Schneider as our starting goalie next year! After losing Hodgson I need something to get excited for every game. Watching Schneider turn into the Vezina goalie we all know he can be will be awesome.

#58 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Did you really ask the most ridiculous question ever?

Edited by riffraff, 26 April 2012 - 08:36 PM.

Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#59 NZCanuck

NZCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

He's expected to be better than Luongo, who is a far cry from the best goaltender of the last 100 years or whatever nonsense you're talking about.

I'm not sure which goalie I want to stay but you can't argue that Lu's stats are among the best goalies in the history of the NHL so I'm not sure how you can say he's a far cry from the last 100?

#60 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Luongo has better Playoff numbers than Schneider with MORE games too...

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.