The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do You People Really Expect Corey Schneider To Be The Best Goalie In History?

Raging Cookies

Funny how his meltdowns come at the exact same time that the team plays brutal hockey. Strange how that works, huh?

The problem is fans have become too used to him always saving our butts, so when he doesn't they turn on him. In reality Luongo has been making up for our average D-core in 5 of the 6 seasons he's been here. When you have Edler And Bieksa constsantly making bad reads that lead to odd man rushes, it's no wonder our team has blowout games in the playoffs.

You'll see it next season though if Schneider's number 1. You'll realize that goaltending wasn't actually the problem, and that it was actually our D.

Funny how his meltdowns come at the exact same time that the team plays brutal hockey. Strange how that works, huh?

The problem is fans have become too used to him always saving our butts, so when he doesn't they turn on him. In reality Luongo has been making up for our average D-core in 5 of the 6 seasons he's been here. When you have Edler And Bieksa constsantly making bad reads that lead to odd man rushes, it's no wonder our team has blowout games in the playoffs.

You'll see it next season though if Schneider's number 1. You'll realize that goaltending wasn't actually the problem, and that it was actually our D.

tries to refute that schneider's stats are better by bringing up luongo's regular season and playoff stats.

i knew the majority of cdc were 15 year old idiots but this is taking it to a whole new level.

My biggest concern is anyone remember Jim Carey? Won the Vazina and Calder his first year, had a couple of big seasons and then fell off the face of the earth.

Not saying that will happen to Schneider, but I already know Luongo can play, Schneider is largely unproven.

Louongo is a great goaltender who has had many more ups than downs. Unfortunately some of his downs have occurred at the wrong

times. Schneider shows every sign of being as good a goaltender and six years younger and with the possibility of being better yet.

One has to go and it looks like Louongo. Best goalie ever? It will be Schneider or Rask or Quick or one of their generation of goaltenders. In another five years will come a new generation of players who will be even better.

In almost every sport the bar keeps getting set higher as players get better training and development from an early age.

It's true, CS's body of work is too small to base a long term projection on. Personally, I think he is going to be just fine.

My real concern is who the back up going to be? A guy with 0 NHL games? Just like CS, Lack is ready for the next step, he looks promising but is unproven.

Just like his sample size of 20-30 games in a regular season kind of pointless, when full time goalies play 60+ games a year and now Cory is going to give us a chance to win a cup, never playing anything close to 60+ games in a season.

Trading Luongo is doubt a huge risk. We don't know how Schneider will play over the course of a full season.

At this point the fan base and the city has had enough with Luongo, and he feels it. Better for us to part ways now. Not only will we get some assets in return, we will free up at least 2 million in cap space. Hopefully the contract we get back won't be too bad or at least someone we can bury in the minors.

I for one think Schneider is technically better than Luongo, and how shown more composure mentally in the games he has played.

I think it is exciting to have Schneider as our starting goalie next year! After losing Hodgson I need something to get excited for every game. Watching Schneider turn into the Vezina goalie we all know he can be will be awesome.

Archived