The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Trade We Should Have Made, Iginla?

Canuck Surfer

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How is that unrealistic? Hodgson is getting ready to shine and be an elite player in the NHL. Iggy's days are just about done.. They clearly need a center as their first line center is Matt Stajan.......

I rest my case....

Calgary would never trade us Iginla.

It's like Colorado trading us Sacic or Edmonton trading us Gretzky

Iginla is not going to be traded to a division rival. He's a legend in that town and seeing him in Canuck colours would be seen as treason by the fan base, no matter what the return was.

Well if you hear the pressure MG was under, and all the needless work Hodgson put him through the last three years effectively Co Ho was holding out also?

But more to the point; if Niewendyk was holding out and they got that kind of value for him we probably did give in too early...It does bode well for trading Lou then?

Niewendyk wasn't aging, he wasn't even halfway into his career and Jarome was still a prospect who hadn't played in the NHL when that trade happened. And the other thing is that Niewendyk was a holdout on the Flames so they had to trade him.

My Mom was a spelling teacher, and she taught me to punctuate my sentances??? :lol:

Funny thing, I used to ignore her to talk about hockey too...

I think you need more pointless question marks, both in your poll choices and your posts.

Well if you hear the pressure MG was under, and all the needless work Hodgson put him through the last three years effectively Co Ho was holding out also?

But more to the point; if Niewendyk was holding out and they got that kind of value for him we probably did give in too early...It does bode well for trading Lou then?

What I truly do not understand about this trade, considering where this team is in it's current arc, is why the heck ANY player would want out. It has to be about as close to it gets to winning a cup being on one of the leagues top contending teams... And you want out? You can sign anywhere you want after you win a cup... I just cannot get over Cody's mindset.

But hey, maybe there was more to it than just plain icetime and ego, maybe he just hated the org.

Probably ego's?

AV was fairly well known to have ripped CoHo his first training camp; then it turned out he actually had the back problem and AV had egg on his face. CoHo said publicly that there relationship was fine. But it sounds like... his ego never recovered.

In coaching class they taught us that you try and catch people doing something right, it reinforces good behaviour. As a coach; a deposit in the emotional bank account. Correct someone doing something wrong, its a withdrawal unless you have enough deposits to earn a guys trust. Try and correct someone when your wrong, and you loose your player!

:blink:

What I truly do not understand about this trade, considering where this team is in it's current arc, is why the heck ANY player would want out. It has to be about as close to it gets to winning a cup being on one of the leagues top contending teams... And you want out? You can sign anywhere you want after you win a cup... I just cannot get over Cody's mindset.

But hey, maybe there was more to it than just plain icetime and ego, maybe he just hated the org.

Big talk from a guy sitting behind his PC.

And what argument do you have to my response exactly? "I rest my case" isn't the only thing I said, and with you being captivated by that remark shows your just another one of those mindless douches on CDC that like bashing ppl's threads and opinions. I can tell why all of Canada mocks Canucks fans. Too bad there are a few that are actually die-hard fans mixed among feeble-minded people like you that can't acknowledge one's opinion. That's why Vancity doesn't deserve a cup. And yea I do "Rest My Case" and you don't need to fire me. I wouldn't spend my time defending a lowlife like you anyways.

Archived