Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

The Trade We Should Have Made, Iginla?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

Poll: The Trade We Should Have Made, Iginla? (104 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your evaluation of the Hodgson trade?

1. It was a great trade because we got what we needed? (9 votes [7.63%])

Percentage of vote: 7.63%

2. I can live with it, because he wanted out? (43 votes [36.44%])

Percentage of vote: 36.44%

3. Voted MG got fleeced, because he thought Kassian was more ready (28 votes [23.73%])

Percentage of vote: 23.73%

4. Tough decision, but I'll take it because Kassian will help us down the line? (38 votes [32.20%])

Percentage of vote: 32.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

My Mom was a spelling teacher, and she taught me to punctuate my sentances??? :lol:

Funny thing, I used to ignore her to talk about hockey too...

Did she not teach you how to spell as well? :P ;)

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 26 April 2012 - 10:52 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#32 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,219 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

Niewendyk wasn't aging, he wasn't even halfway into his career and Jarome was still a prospect who hadn't played in the NHL when that trade happened. And the other thing is that Niewendyk was a holdout on the Flames so they had to trade him.

You're right, Niewendyk had a lot of good years left in him. I think both sides are happy with the trade. CGY got Iggy, DAL got a cup.

#33 Canucklehead73

Canucklehead73

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

What I truly do not understand about this trade, considering where this team is in it's current arc, is why the heck ANY player would want out. It has to be about as close to it gets to winning a cup being on one of the leagues top contending teams... And you want out? You can sign anywhere you want after you win a cup... I just cannot get over Cody's mindset.

But hey, maybe there was more to it than just plain icetime and ego, maybe he just hated the org.
Go Canucks Go!

#34 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

Iginla does not want to come here.
heard it directly from his mouth when i asked him,
his first choice is NYR.
would love to have him but best for Jerome to finish out in NY in a huge market.
a total class act and a really good guy.
best of luck Iggy
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#35 TwinTelepathy

TwinTelepathy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

Iginla does not want to come here.
heard it directly from his mouth when i asked him,
his first choice is NYR.
would love to have him but best for Jerome to finish out in NY in a huge market.
a total class act and a really good guy.
best of luck Iggy

First of all its Jarome, and I highly doubt you asked him to be a member of the Canucks.

#36 StutterStep

StutterStep

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

Also burrows doesn't want him here either :bigblush:
Limits like fears are often just an illusion

#37 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,645 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

Probably ego's?

AV was fairly well known to have ripped CoHo his first training camp; then it turned out he actually had the back problem and AV had egg on his face. CoHo said publicly that there relationship was fine. But it sounds like... his ego never recovered.

In coaching class they taught us that you try and catch people doing something right, it reinforces good behaviour. As a coach; a deposit in the emotional bank account. Correct someone doing something wrong, its a withdrawal unless you have enough deposits to earn a guys trust. Try and correct someone when your wrong, and you loose your player!

:blink:

What I truly do not understand about this trade, considering where this team is in it's current arc, is why the heck ANY player would want out. It has to be about as close to it gets to winning a cup being on one of the leagues top contending teams... And you want out? You can sign anywhere you want after you win a cup... I just cannot get over Cody's mindset.

But hey, maybe there was more to it than just plain icetime and ego, maybe he just hated the org.

#38 Kesheniel

Kesheniel

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

Big talk from a guy sitting behind his PC.

And what argument do you have to my response exactly? "I rest my case" isn't the only thing I said, and with you being captivated by that remark shows your just another one of those mindless douches on CDC that like bashing ppl's threads and opinions. I can tell why all of Canada mocks Canucks fans. Too bad there are a few that are actually die-hard fans mixed among feeble-minded people like you that can't acknowledge one's opinion. That's why Vancity doesn't deserve a cup. And yea I do "Rest My Case" and you don't need to fire me. I wouldn't spend my time defending a lowlife like you anyways.

He's right, saying "I rest my case..." is pretty douche especially after an argument like yours. So because of one man, or women, saying that he didn't like ONE thing you said means that the ENTIRE city of Vancouver doesn't deserve a cup? Really? Cause that isnt fallacious... Then you call him and "lowlife" and a "douche" and somehow you think that isn't an immature lowlife thing to do? If you areally are a die hard fan with a real opinion you shouldnt soil it with acting like an immature brat that got his feelings hurt. Grow up man.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.