The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Possibility Of Losing Both Luongo And Schneider?

yes we can nucks

Guest BuckFoston

Cory loves this team, town and fan base, even his gf is sticking up for Vancouver, I m sure he wants to stay here. After all he is the 3rd Sedin :)

From the interviews he's given, he is not that impressed with the fanbase. No one is.

Better chance of an earthquake sinking Vancouver Island and burying the city of Vancouver under 20 feet of water.

The yellowstone super volcano is 60 000 years overdue for an eruption and will destroy most of north america so there is actually a good chance of this...

Guest BuckFoston

The yellowstone super volcano is 60 000 years overdue for an eruption and will destroy most of north america so there is actually a good chance of this...

Tell me about it, we've all seen 2012... except this time we won't have John Cusack to bail us out.

From the interviews he's given, he is not that impressed with the fanbase. No one is.

I know fans love to feel important, but you know what's more important? The game. You know what would be impressive to a young goalie? A newly minted 3-4 million dollar a year deal and the reigns to a president's trophy winning team in an organization he's familiar with because he came up in it for eight years. Yeah, he's staying.

Toronto and Tampa bid for Luongo but Gillis sticks it to Burke because of the hate.

Burke then makes crazy offer sheet for Schneids, Canucks can't and won't match it.

Possible ... not probable but possible.

No, Burke says that he will never make an offer sheet to an RFA, so that rules out that possibility.

You're on Luongone's nuts that hard?

Oh look, apparently I'm not allowed to laugh before you give me permission to anymore. I'm just saying it would be hilarious to see the reaction of everyone and knowing Canucks fans, it's going to be glorious.

But since I'm not allowed to find anything hilarious without your approval, I guess I'm just going to bury my head in a pillow and cry because that's how sad I will be.

If Luongo departs, we have more than 5.3m of cap space to work with. Nobody will offer Schneider more than 5.3m + whatever cap space we currently have left.

In the event that another team signs him for more than we can pay, we'd acquire some random goaltender to tandem with Lack and CDC will say bye to Luongo and Schneider and hello to compensation picks and Lack.

It's not 60,000 years overdue. It erupts every 60,000 years it just so happens it hasn't erupted in 65,000 years and in the past 20 years the activity around it has increased dramatically each year. The chances of it erupting in your life time is quite rare and even still we are outside of the dead zone, Immediate dead zone anyways.

"interesting" scenario, just one thing though --> if the team is sure to start Cory then why would they not qualify him before trading Lu?

No win for Gillis. If you sign Schneids first, then other GM's got you right where they want you. You're even more desperate to get rid of Luongo.

I'm pretty sure MG would do what Philly did with the Jeff Carter/ Mike Richards/ Ilya Bryzgalov situation last year: have the deal to sign Cory in place then trade Lu first and make Cory's deal official. Plus teams that are desperate enough for a goalie will still throw what they have to in order to get Lu.

Archived