The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Signing) Sign Ufa Centre Chris Kelly From Boston

Sign UFA 31 year old C- Chris Kelly to a 3 year $10.5M Contract.

Instead of trying to re-sign Pahlsson I believe the Canucks should go after the Bruins third line Centre Chris Kelly. He, unlike Pahlsson, has a offensive upside to go along with being a good checker.

This year Kelly played all 82 games (he has missed only 10 games combined in his last 7 seasons) and he had 20 Goals 19 assists and was a +33. He was solid for the Bruins on their playoff run last year and I think could really help the Canucks. He is slightly above average in the faceoff circle so he is comparable to Pahlsson there.

Sign UFA 31 year old C- Chris Kelly to a 3 year $10.5M Contract.

Instead of trying to re-sign Pahlsson I believe the Canucks should go after the Bruins third line Centre Chris Kelly. He, unlike Pahlsson, has a offensive upside to go along with being a good checker.

This year Kelly played all 82 games (he has missed only 10 games combined in his last 7 seasons) and he had 20 Goals 19 assists and was a +33. He was solid for the Bruins on their playoff run last year and I think could really help the Canucks. He is slightly above average in the faceoff circle so he is comparable to Pahlsson there.

Guest PUNJABI CANUCK

You do realize that you are offering 3.5 million a year to a 3rd liner (fringe 2nd) right?

You might want to reduce that to around Manny Malhotra money...

When players hit free agency it always takes a premium to sign them. Maholtra makes $2.5M next year and the Canucks paid $2.175M to Reinprecht to play in the minors this year and paid the useless Marco Sturm $2.25M in last years free agency.

I think $3.5 million is decent for a Centre who will likely play on your PK and third line and you have to consider the cap is likely going up again this year.

Guest PUNJABI CANUCK

When players hit free agency it always takes a premium to sign them. Maholtra makes $2.5M next year and the Canucks paid $2.175M to Reinprecht to play in the minors this year and paid the useless Marco Sturm $2.25M in last years free agency.

I think $3.5 million is decent for a Centre who will likely play on your PK and third line and you have to consider the cap is likely going up again this year.

Archived