The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Do You Expect To Get From The Luongo Trade?

Southpop45

now it is being reported that their are 4 teams on lu's list. what do you ask from them?

1) toronto - i would only ask for one of two things stright up trade: the 5th overall pick or luke schenn. jake gardiner would be great but hes not gonna be moved and there is not point of bringing in kadri or colborne beacuse we are stacked up on the center position.(we just traded hodgson and schroeder is waiting for his chance in the minors)

2) tampa - probably the 10th overall pick straight up would get it done, maybe if we are lucky we can sqeeze conolly as part of the package. if not then teddy purcell and 2nd round pick. if i really wanted conolly though, it would be him and detriots 2012 first round pick. i would really like hedman but i honestly i think he is untouchable and as for malone maybe if its clear we wont be able to get another top 6 forward this summer.

3) florida - i would try to get erik gudbranson (one of the six guys gillis targeted for hodgson), might take more than just lu though. florida has so many good quallity prospects that i would be happy with almost any deal as a good young assest would be coming back. maybe a small part of the deal would be raymonds rights for jason garrisons rights. however at the end of the day if florida has serious interest in lu, gillis will find a way to make sure gudbranson is coming back even if it means giving up more than just lu, probably would have to give up tanev to make it happen

4) chicago - no idea what i would ask from chicago maybe kyle beach and 2012 first round pick.

what do you guys think?

You are going REALLY young here. Too young, in my opinion. These guys probably won't make a big splash next year, with the exception of Schenn (who the Leafs fans have still been waiting on). At the very least, I don't think Gillis should trade for anything after 1990.

And the salary transfer is totally one-sided. They'd be nuts to make those trades.

now it is being reported that their are 4 teams on lu's list. what do you ask from them?

1) toronto - i would only ask for one of two things stright up trade: the 5th overall pick or luke schenn. jake gardiner would be great but hes not gonna be moved and there is not point of bringing in kadri or colborne beacuse we are stacked up on the center position.(we just traded hodgson and schroeder is waiting for his chance in the minors)

2) tampa - probably the 10th overall pick straight up would get it done, maybe if we are lucky we can sqeeze conolly as part of the package. if not then teddy purcell and 2nd round pick. if i really wanted conolly though, it would be him and detriots 2012 first round pick. i would really like hedman but i honestly i think he is untouchable and as for malone maybe if its clear we wont be able to get another top 6 forward this summer.

3) florida - i would try to get erik gudbranson (one of the six guys gillis targeted for hodgson), might take more than just lu though. florida has so many good quallity prospects that i would be happy with almost any deal as a good young assest would be coming back. maybe a small part of the deal would be raymonds rights for jason garrisons rights. however at the end of the day if florida has serious interest in lu, gillis will find a way to make sure gudbranson is coming back even if it means giving up more than just lu, probably would have to give up tanev to make it happen

4) chicago - no idea what i would ask from chicago maybe kyle beach and 2012 first round pick.

what do you guys think?

Here's what will happen if Loungo gets traded; whatever team he is traded to will send back the player on their team with the most inflated salary that is producing the least and possibly a 2nd tier prospect or a draft pick. The only way a team would take Luongo's giant long term contract would be if they got to get rid of their most bloated contract. It's going to happen, there's no way around it.

Bertuzzi had to be moved; and we still scored Lou? I remember bitching at the time that we had to chuck in Bryan Allen. It was Big Bert, I called for Nonis's scalp!

Just sayin...

Oh crape, I called for MG's scalp when he traded Hodgson... :huh:

people are seriously overestimating luongo's trade value....

I saw one proposal on the Sportsnet.ca comments page:

To Leafs: Luongno + Kesler

To Canucks: Komisarek + Kessel

...I think this person may have been a Leafs fan :P

Seriously though, IF Luongo gets traded to the Leafs if Franson is part of the package that comes back I wouldn't be upset.

Not much based upon his age, declining skill, and his silly contract... Tallon isn't giving you anything...he gave you Booth aka a salary dump, but he isn't a fool. He knows he needs his young talent, and Theodore and the kid they have will set them fine going forward. Hell Theodore played better than lou this spring, so Tallon should trade you guys Theodore after you dump lou ..

peaople are underestimating Lou trade value. He will instantly make a team get into the playoffs and depending on the team instantly stanley cup contender. That being said we are also not going to get an underacheiving player with a huge contract, because Lou was not underachieving. With toronto I would ask dieon pheneuph and 2nd round pickChicago.... Duncan keith. wouldnt that be an ironic trade.

Archived