The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Do You Expect To Get From The Luongo Trade?

Southpop45

It will likely be a player like Malone from Tampa or Komisarek from Toronto.

A useful, but overpaid player.

The problem then is we will have several guys in that category, with Malhotra, Ballard, Booth Raymond (maybe) and the new guy. So someone will have to be moved in a separate deal, if possible.

The "moj" should stick to talking about football, cause clearly he has no idea what he's talking about.

He actually said that if we were to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Luongo, "we would make off like bandits" :picard:

I can't believe how undervalued he is by "fans" in this market. The stupidity from alot of these people is amazing.

I saw one proposal on the Sportsnet.ca comments page:

To Leafs: Luongno + Kesler

To Canucks: Komisarek + Kessel

...I think this person may have been a Leafs fan :P

Seriously though, IF Luongo gets traded to the Leafs if Franson is part of the package that comes back I wouldn't be upset.

Lu's contract, age, and declining skills give the Nucks little leverage. You think the Leafs are going to give up two good young players in Ashton and Franson/Schenn for a 33 year old, on the downslide, with 10 years left at 5.3 per year ? If you were a G.M would you make a trade like that ? You will be lucky to get one productive player back from team that takes on that contract.

Burke isn't just holding onto picks, he wants to build a team and cannot do so by trading away quality young players for older, declining players who come with absurd contracts.

The "moj" should stick to talking about football, cause clearly he has no idea what he's talking about.

He actually said that if we were to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Luongo, "we would make off like bandits" :picard:

I can't believe how undervalued he is by "fans" in this market. The stupidity from alot of these people is amazing.

Archived