The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone Watching The Semi-Finals?

hafabee

Is there anyone interested in watching a bunch of failing american teams duke it out or is everyone hitting the beach and firing up the BBQ? ::D Looks like it's going to be a beautiful weekend here in Vancouver, personally after watching hockey right through to mid-June last year I think I'm going to sit the rest of this playoff season out, who cares if america b-team plays america c-team, none of the remaining USofA teams interest me. But hey go Sunshine and Beach BBQ's! Those are teams I can really get behind this spring heh.

Is there anyone interested in watching a bunch of failing american teams duke it out or is everyone hitting the beach and firing up the BBQ? ::D Looks like it's going to be a beautiful weekend here in Vancouver, personally after watching hockey right through to mid-June last year I think I'm going to sit the rest of this playoff season out, who cares if america b-team plays america c-team, none of the remaining USofA teams interest me. But hey go Sunshine and Beach BBQ's! Those are teams I can really get behind this spring heh.

I'll be watching the East more closely seeing as I'm hoping for Philly or Washington to win the Cup.

It's just a matter of personal opinion, but none of the teams in the West excite me. I'll still most likely end up watching a few full games, but I plan on catching the last 10 minutes or so of the games in the West.

Not me. I'll get my sports fix with baseball, EPL, champions league final & Euro cup. The NHL has got me not to care about the product in the last few years with its mismanagement, corrupt officiating, no respect on the ice and inconsistent discipline. I used to watch all the playoff games, no matter who was playing, now I only watch the Canucks.

I'll watch a couple of series. The Flyers series and the Preds, probably. Other than that, I might watch a game here and there. For the most part I'm not interested though.. The teams that are left, with the exception of the two I mentioned, are going to be so boring to watch.

I agree with Gillis, This league needs to maintain an offensive focus in the game. Defense just isn't as exciting to watch.

I am! But more to the point I'm just not interested in watching the teams america's presenting, I don't like any of them and to be honest I don't like the way the playoffs have been going this season, it's been a real gong show. You think there will be some good hockey in the East though eh, I don't know, those teams are just so blah. Go Abbotsford Heat!

The West is horrid. I want STL to lose the least, so that's about as strong an endorsement I can give.

The East is exciting. Philli and Wsh all the way.

It's sad to think of teams like the Coyotes, the Predators or the Kings raising a stanley cup. Hockey is a pretty insignificant sport in these areas compared to the fervor across Canada.

I hesitate to add the Preds there, since their fans proved to be pretty hardcore over the last couple of years...and they created a nice atmosphere last year against the Nucks.

But it's sick to think of another in Gary Bettman's fantasy of "spreading the game" victories where the sport is back to irrelevance the moment the team isn't dominant anymore (see Carolina, Tampa, Anaheim, Dallas, even Colorado). A bunch of fair weather fans there for the spectacle rather than for the sport.

The jets get a standing-O at every one of their home games (although we'll see how long that lasts if they can't win). Calgary and Toronto have dominant attendance records and profits while they totally suck year after year.

Unless we can see a team out of the East, or at best STL in the west win it, then it's just another lost championship wasted on a fan base who will change the channel the moment the final whistle is blown. Booooooooooooring!

To those who are down on the west I think it is just sour grapes that the Canucks are out because that game last night was amazing. And I'm getting sick of the comments about how the skilled teams are out. The Predators are really good and can play offence. They dominated the offensive zone last night and their puck movement puts a lot of teams to shame. The Coyotes are great at taking advantage of the chances they get.

I won't be watching the games as intensely as before (like you said, summer is coming), but I will be watching. This is playoff hockey after all. I won't openly be rooting for anyone but I hope the Flyers win, I'm a big fan of how Claude Giroux plays and out of all the teams, they have the most skill and the least boring style (with the exception of maybe Washington).

Archived