The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone Watching The Semi-Finals?

hafabee

I'm cheering on Philly. I love how they are using their young guns to get it done. Ice time is earned, not given.

I'm cheering Phoenix in the West cuz it seems like the best alternative. I want Nashville to lose so that Gary Suter walks away as a UFA. :P

L.A have peaked at the right time, they're going all the way if Quick can keep this up (not many goalies have won a Cup after playing 60+ regular season games, so lets see if Quick will bump this trend).

That means we've been beaten by the Cup winner in all of our last 3 seasons.

To those who are down on the west I think it is just sour grapes that the Canucks are out because that game last night was amazing. And I'm getting sick of the comments about how the skilled teams are out. The Predators are really good and can play offence. They dominated the offensive zone last night and their puck movement puts a lot of teams to shame. The Coyotes are great at taking advantage of the chances they get.

I will watch, and I will enjoy the intensity of playoff hockey.

I will not, however, cheer for any team besides the Canucks. I may, marginally, cheer for one team over another (as in, when I hoped that Washington would beat Boston), but I will never have a definitive number two.

Ask yourself this: You may be cheering for Philly right now, as I have seen many say, but how would you feel if Vancouver and Philly met in the cup final next year? For perspective, imagine you cheered for Boston the year before last. Wouldn't you find that extremely unpalatable? I love hockey, but I can watch it without some compulsory team that I cheer for.

Well so far the Preds/Coyotes series has been great to watch, I missed the first game of the blues/kings so no comment, Philly and New jersey was exciting. The only disappointment so far was the first game of NY/Was, boring game but I'm expecting tonight to be more exciting these teams are rivals.

Archived