Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

- - - - -

Anyone Watching The Semi-Finals?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#31 DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,426 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

L.A have peaked at the right time, they're going all the way if Quick can keep this up (not many goalies have won a Cup after playing 60+ regular season games, so lets see if Quick will bump this trend).

That means we've been beaten by the Cup winner in all of our last 3 seasons.
Posted Image

#32 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,537 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

Are you kiddding OP?

#33 deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

To those who are down on the west I think it is just sour grapes that the Canucks are out because that game last night was amazing. And I'm getting sick of the comments about how the skilled teams are out. The Predators are really good and can play offence. They dominated the offensive zone last night and their puck movement puts a lot of teams to shame. The Coyotes are great at taking advantage of the chances they get.

we on the west cheer for the mighty canucks...hello!?! caps rangers today was one of the most boring games i've ever watched...sadly the rangers will probably win the cup this year.
Posted Image

a true faN.

#34 Remy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

I will watch, and I will enjoy the intensity of playoff hockey.

I will not, however, cheer for any team besides the Canucks. I may, marginally, cheer for one team over another (as in, when I hoped that Washington would beat Boston), but I will never have a definitive number two.

Ask yourself this: You may be cheering for Philly right now, as I have seen many say, but how would you feel if Vancouver and Philly met in the cup final next year? For perspective, imagine you cheered for Boston the year before last. Wouldn't you find that extremely unpalatable? I love hockey, but I can watch it without some compulsory team that I cheer for.

#35 !

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

of course, hockey is fun to watch no matter if the canucks are playing or not

Posted Image

#36 Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,315 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

As much as I hate the Rangers, I'd be happier to see the Rangers or Flyers take the cup. I really have stopped watching. This plug up the neutral zone and look for mistakes style hockey is getting tough to watch.
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#37 The Wizard of AZ

The Wizard of AZ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

As much as I hate the Rangers, I'd be happier to see the Rangers or Flyers take the cup. I really have stopped watching. This plug up the neutral zone and look for mistakes style hockey is getting tough to watch.

I know. It was another boring game today. Everyone was asking me if I was on the edge of my seat because the game was so exciting. Thank goodness they woke me up, I almost fell asleep right then and there.

Posted Image

#38 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,855 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:25 AM

Yeah I'm rooting for Philly from the East but the West is kind of boring. Trap teams in the West.

#39 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

Ill watch every game. With the Nux out and most of the other teams expected to be serious contenders out, it makes the hockey a bit more interesting and a lot less stressful.

<p>KevinBieksa_NCAA_325_display_image.jpg?1 GO FALCONS!  BRING BACK JUICE!

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,748 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

I'm watching. In addition to being a Canuck fan, I'm a hockey fan and I'll watch until it's over.

I'm also looking forward to the World Championships. Too bad about the start times, but I'll watch when I can.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#41 yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

Well so far the Preds/Coyotes series has been great to watch, I missed the first game of the blues/kings so no comment, Philly and New jersey was exciting. The only disappointment so far was the first game of NY/Was, boring game but I'm expecting tonight to be more exciting these teams are rivals.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#42 MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,320 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:05 AM

I will watch here and there when I have time, but cmon....

It went from...

Vancouver vs Nashville
Detroit vs San Jose

Phoenix vs Nashville
St.Louis vs L.A

IN ONE YEAR!!! How the hell did this happen! NO chicago, detroit, vancouver, or even San Jose in round 2? Not even 2 let alone 1?

It's terrible, ya know good, good for those fans in those cities, but cmon, Mike Gillis is a guy that compares his team to Detroit, or a San Jose. He always does that, and even HItchcock likes to do that. He likes to and wants to compare his team to the best, and he compares his team to Vancouver Detroit, but who the hell does Gillis compares his team too? Phoenix? L.A? Trapping teams? who would have thought this would happen in a year! The west is dominated by trapping teams, ok L.A scored 5 goals tonight, but cmon, that's a trapping team all the way. To be honest this is one of the worst playoffs since the lock out. It really is.

Hell even Pittsburgh is gone? You know New York Rangers is also a trapping team, the only good team that I like, is the Flyers. Because they are not defensive first, ok, every team is "defensive" but they are more up tempo then some other teams. I kinda have a soft spot of Washington after they defeated Boston,

But honestly, this is not a very exciting playoffs. But I still watch here and there.

Well, I , I feel very good about this draft, but I, I think, potentially you know were gonna have 3 or 4 NHL players out of this group, ummmm, you know like we are not going to prejudice to were they are from.

-Jim Benning June 27, 2015 shortly after the completion of the 2015 NHL Entry draft in Miami Florida.

#43 We Broke The Cup

We Broke The Cup

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

I'm watching the Yotes and Preds, pretty entertaining. I've been a fan of Ray Whitney since he was a Chief. Good to see him still playing and putting up points like he does at 39yrs. I've watched some of the Blues & Kings but with not as much interest. the Blues are sinking fast, their defense was terrible without Pietrangelo.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.