Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rock Pile

Bobby Holik Comments On Luongo

93 posts in this topic

Roberto Luongo, then the star goaltender for the Florida Panthers, had just been traded to the Vancouver Canucks, and he was crying as he broke the news from his parents' Montreal home. Gina, who'd just pulled up to her parents' house in sunny South Florida, tried to comfort him, but heading north for the winter didn't sound like much fun to her, either. The next day Gina got even gloomier after she looked at a map and realized that she and Roberto would be making a diagonal move across all of North America--no other two major pro sports franchises on the continent are so far apart. You've got to be kidding me, she said to herself. "They might as well have sent us to Alaska."

He just makes himself sound like an idiot with making the comments he made.

Nine months later Gina still hasn't embraced the rain and cold in Vancouver, or the 10-hour travel days (sorry, no nonstop flights) to and from her hometown of Coral Springs, but she and Roberto are, it turns out, in the place they want to be.

I played hockey, so my uninformed guesses are relevant.

couldnt care less what bobby holik thinks about luongo....or anything for that matter

Well, we didn't have to say anything to Holik, and he wasn't as good as everybody thought he was.

Okay if he didn't want to paly here, he first wouldn't have signed the 4year contract he signed when he got traded. He wasn't under contract when he came here.

Holik can just look at Lu's records and stats

I fail to see how winning the Stanley cup provides him with inside info on Luongo's thoughts.