The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bobby Holik Comments On Luongo

Rock Pile

I also fail to see how him winning the Stanley Cup gives him the right to talk about goaltending, a position he has never played at all.

I respect the fact that he's using his freedom to express his opinion, but he's a doofus for trying to run his mouth about something that he blatantly knows little to nothing about.

See, if Martin Brodeur said something about Luongo, that would have more merit. I think even Brodeur would disagree completely with his former teammate.

I don't honestly know what Holik's beef is with Luongo.

Holik is relevant only because he was a hockey player but him talking about goaltending is something he shouldn't be mouthing off about in the media. He has zero experience with the position, so how can he come to the conclusion that "he's [Luongo's] not as good as everyone says he is"?

Furthermore, Luongo's accomplishments (Franchise leader in wins/shutouts, Olympian Gold Medalist, Vezina Finalist, Jennings, Stanley Cup Finalist cup runner-up) says Holik is totally wrong on this one. I don't care what else people say about Luongo. His accomplishments will always be around with him. Holik's decision to make a very controversial opinion about a goaltender tarnishes his reputation as a hockey player.

Guest PUNJABI CANUCK

Holik is entitled to his opinion. We don't bash Canucks when they comment on other situations around the league.

FTR Bobby Holik a was great hockey player.

I'll post his db page for the younger fans...

http://www.hockeydb....ay.php?pid=2332 ; better numbers than many other players

NHL Totals 1314 326 421 747 1421 141 20 39 59 120

if luo goes , which looks like its happening

im not going to read into any of this bull that will be rehashed and brought up about him and his wife not wanting to live here

hes been an amazing goalie for this team and it hurts to see him go , even if i am confident in cory

ill still respect and miss luo

Holik is entitled to his opinion. We don't bash Canucks when they comment on other situations around the league.

FTR Bobby Holik a was great hockey player.

I'll post his db page for the younger fans...

http://www.hockeydb....ay.php?pid=2332 ; better numbers than many other players

NHL Totals 1314 326 421 747 1421 141 20 39 59 120

Archived