The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bobby Holik Comments On Luongo

Rock Pile

I'm not sure were Holik is getting this from. Luongo and Holik are not known as "friend's" and they never even played for the same team. I will probably be bummed too, to be traded from Florida. Nothing against Vancouver, but Luongo was probably expecting he will sign something with Florida, and yes, I would be surprised too, to learn to be traded. But Holik is really full of it, if you ask me

I don't honestly know what Holik's beef is with Luongo.

Holik is relevant only because he was a hockey player but him talking about goaltending is something he shouldn't be mouthing off about in the media. He has zero experience with the position, so how can he come to the conclusion that "he's [Luongo's] not as good as everyone says he is"?

Furthermore, Luongo's accomplishments (Franchise leader in wins/shutouts, Olympian Gold Medalist, Vezina Finalist, Jennings, Stanley Cup Finalist cup runner-up) says Holik is totally wrong on this one. I don't care what else people say about Luongo. His accomplishments will always be around with him. Holik's decision to make a very controversial opinion about a goaltender tarnishes his reputation as a hockey player.

luongo has been exposed for what i personally saw him for after the very first chicago series...

Luongo can be a servicable goalie for a low key franchise like florida. but he is a cancer on a cup contending team.

Archived