The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Highway Robbery

Drew1

Tanev's Smirk , Both great man , you're right, there is always luck involved such as if the guy lifted the puck higher then schneids glove and exc, but they're both great saves but it wasnt even so much the save as the flexibility and focus , like his legs are stretched to maximum length haha , but thanks for the clip man , always appreciated.

And why is every positive of Schneider being countered with Schneider? Has the hate already began towards the guy? Luo wants to leave, he wont be a number one here. The words spoken by him and actions taken by AV to start Schneider cant be reversed

Don't flame me Luongo lovers. FYI I am a full supporter of both Schneids and Lu. But what I wanted to say is that it seems as though Luongo makes more spectacular highlight saves than Schneider due to the fact that he was out of position in the first shot and recovering to make the second.

In other words, in my opinion, majority of highlight saves come out of being out of position and having desperate saves. People have the misconception that if you make those highlight saves, you're a better goalie when really the goalie is setting themselves up for it.

For instance that Schneider save vs. Morrison. It shouldn't even be a highlight save because Schneider is the one that set himself up for it (coughing up the puck).

saves by being positional and square to the shooter is more impressive to me rather than a highlight save where you're in desperation mode.

Don't flame me Luongo lovers. FYI I am a full supporter of both Schneids and Lu. But what I wanted to say is that it seems as though Luongo makes more spectacular highlight saves than Schneider due to the fact that he was out of position in the first shot and recovering to make the second.

In other words, in my opinion, majority of highlight saves come out of being out of position and having desperate saves. People have the misconception that if you make those highlight saves, you're a better goalie when really the goalie is setting themselves up for it.

For instance that Schneider save vs. Morrison. It shouldn't even be a highlight save because Schneider is the one that set himself up for it (coughing up the puck).

saves by being positional and square to the shooter is more impressive to me rather than a highlight save where you're in desperation mode.

You exactley right man, Everytime people talk about Cory , they always says hes so square to the puck , and like you said Luongo is great but lots of them are because they are out of position , just like Tim Thomas , last year it worked but this year it didnt , its like if you make the amazing save people go crazy but if you let it in they say bad position exc. lol but yeah you watch schneider and he stops like 40+ shots and there all like no rebounds man its amazing , and he stops flurrys because his legs are strong enough to kick out the puck. And I love them both too :) But I want Cory to be our number 1 , hes done it for two seasons not just 1

Archived