The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo Tribute | Live Forever [Montage]

EvoLu7ioN

Some great videos in here. I will be sad to see Lu go as well. I still remember where I was when I heard he was coming to the Nucks. I was driving in my car and my buddy called me and told me(driving while talking on a cell was legal then). I didn't believe him so I went home and checked the computer and sure enough "Luongo to the Canucks." That trade instantly put us into a different category....as we had been struggling at the goaltender position since....well McLean I guess.

I appreciate all he has done for us and wish him well if he does leave this summer.

Thank you so so so so much for making this beautiful, wonderful video. It completely sums up this whole situation, I hope so much thet Lui gets to stay. Wether he is wearing blue and green next year, or not, he will always be my favourite player of any sport of all time. Forever a canuck!!!

If we do trade him I'm going to miss Luuuuuing him during our games. Always appreciated what we had in him

and no matter who we go with I hope it doesn't turn into a we should've kept the other guy scenario.

Best of luck to Lu, if it is with us, great, if it is with someone else, well, I'll cheer for him there too

Trade. No trade. I'll always have a huge amount of love for this guy. He's matured so much since being here and willing to take a trade and waive the NTC for the sake of the team (whether he's officially asked for one or not is a different topic), is something that deserves huge admiration.

I watched it again and it was even better. Thank you EvoLu7ion, you made my day.

Ever since he came to Vancouver, Roberto Luongo has been my favorite NHL player.

He has been the best goalie in the league since the lockout, and he deserves much more than just a Jennings trophy for his years with Vancouver.

And we're OK with him leaving?

"But he sucks in the playoffs and he's a choker! Reboundo Lebrongo!"

He won fifteen games in the playoffs last year! The guy everyone has chosen to replace him has ONE playoff win!

Remember Trevor Linden?

We traded him after we almost won the Cup. People were furious. But there's no anger about Luongo being shipped out?

I always thought that Luongo would retire as a Canuck and we as fans would speak of him in the same sentence as Linden, the two captains who had given everything for their team.

I do too. And if he does get traded, I think it's safe to say the team he goes to may inherit half the Canucks fan base as team 1-B fans. I'll cheer for him on any team, for what he's had to battle through, he deserves success.

I totally agree. Luongo is a great goalie. Goal-tending was NOT our problem at all. Both Luongo and Schneider are awesome. The rest of the team let both goaltenders down. Shame on anybody trying to pin the early playoff exit on goal-tending.

Luongo had some bad moments in last years playoffs but he was brilliant at other times. Nobody is perfect.

Seeing Lu go would be create somber day for Vancouver, as he has been synonymous with the Canucks for over half a decade. To be honest, it would feel like a part of the Canucks have died.

I support and want Schneids to take over the net, but it would feel awkward to see Lu in another jersey.

The Live Forever video was mentioned on the suspected luongo twitter account @strombone1 last night

@Strombone1: “@dakillerwhale: @strombone1 have you seen this vid of your bud NBL? http://www.youtube.c...feature=g-all-f " I cry everytime!

Legend, love this guy. This twitter account, if it actually is bobby lou, has been awesome in showing us another side of him. Makes me wish even more we got to see a 24/7 on the Canucks.

Archived