The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo Tribute | Live Forever [Montage]

EvoLu7ioN

Cheers to the best Canuck of all time. Ive been a Canucks fan thick and thin through the 90's to the present. Luongo brought something to this team and organization that only a handful of players were able to do. Luongo was and still is a role-model for me. People can criticize the guy all you want, but the bottom line is that we are losing a very very very good athlete and leader. Canucks may look back at this one day and regret it but I hope not.

Before Luongo came to the Canucks people seem to forget how much the team struggled with goaltending. He changed the foundation of the team and when a GM says they want to build from the net out, shell Canucks did just that. It's too bad we couldn't win that Game 7, because everyone would be still loving Lu.

Go Canucks Go forever and good luck to Luongo. I hope theres a chance he stays!

As much as I hate the guy, there are some undeniable facts.

1. He is the best goalie this franchise has ever had

2. He saved the 06-07 season for us

3. He has matured recently, my main reason for hating him prior was his "Me before the team" attitude.

As much as I hate the guy, there are some undeniable facts.

1. He is the best goalie this franchise has ever had

2. He saved the 06-07 season for us

3. He has matured recently, my main reason for hating him prior was his "Me before the team" attitude.

I will definitely remember his 72 saves in Game 1 against the Stars.

• 1 year later...

thank you lou

for excitement

for being a great role model

for caring about this city and our team

its too bad that this city didn't appreciate that in return. doesn't matter who was the better goalie lou or schnieds, it didn't mean the man didn't deserve our respect and support...

many so called canucks fans are an embarassment. i always felt we should keep schnieds but i never felt lou was crap nor did he deserve the crap he faced from the finals etc

i am happy he is going home and is away from this crap, and sure hope he gets a shutout against us....its too bad Torts didnt let him play his last game in front of 50,000, would have been the right way to send him off.....

thank you lou, for turning this franchise around, for 2 months of sheer excitement in 2011, amazing how people forget what this team was until you put it on your shoulders....

Live on forever Lu; you truly are the greatest professional I've ever seen.

This video tribute OP made just makes me emotional everytime I see it and makes me wish that much more that Lu can win a Cup before he retires. He deserves it more that anybody in the league and idc if you agree with it or not - he does.

The guy was jerked around after 2011 and he carried himself with class. Gillis and crew look bush league the way they handled 2 world class goalies.

Not criticizing the players we got in the trade, im just venting about how Lou was treated and what kind of message that sends to the other future UFA players and players around the league gillis will try and sign.

Archived