The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo Tribute | Live Forever [Montage]

EvoLu7ioN

Both vids are so harsh lame. Cmon people he is a player not family. He got paid millions and did a mediocre job, End of story, turn the page.

He will live on to make millions some where different and continue to fall on his face/belly and be considered "elite"

The book has been out on Lu for years and it was written by the Black Hawks... It's called

"Make Lu move laterally = Goal"

Here's another one I found on Youtube made by another user, quite a touching video that to me deserves more views.

It's a good video but I really don't like it when all these videos about the Canucks or Luongo have to have them getting scored on by the Bruins or Hawks. I know it's to show redemption and all that but it actually makes it seem like those scenarios were a really big deal to the player. Showing the other teams score make it seem like those teams are absolutely untouchable and that they did so much damage to us. This is why the Canucks intro at rogers arena before playoffs games don't have these clips about the past failures etc. cause it's unnecessary. You learn from your mistake but you never replay it in your mind.

Stuff like that should be left out for the professionals like CBC intros so that it shows both sides and if you're a canucks fan, leave that stuff out.

Well i will miss him if he goes. We wont be the same without him. Although schneids is and will be a great goalie. Luongo was the reason we became what we are. If it weren't for him, the sedins wouldve left, kes wouldnt have re-signed. ETC. without him we wouldnt have been given the chance to build around him and become a contender. We could be in the same shoes as edmonton right now, or columbus. Luo was our heart and soul.

Both vids are so harsh lame. Cmon people he is a player not family. He got paid millions and did a mediocre job, End of story, turn the page.

lol way to rain on the pity parade!

but guys seriously, if you really love luongo so much, you know this is a toxic environment for him. maybe it's time to let go and let him play somewhere where he'll be appreciated. it's not so sad, since he'll be happier. better end it now than let things explode like with Roy in MTL.

you can blame fellow vancouver fans for essentially running him out of town

Here's another one I found on Youtube made by another user, quite a touching video that to me deserves more views.

I liked your video quite a lot, but I think this one plays more to the emotional side of Luongo.

Favorite player ever, and no matter where he goes, I'll be Luu-ing for life!

He will live on to make millions some where different and continue to fall on his face/belly and be considered "elite"

The book has been out on Lu for years and it was written by the Black Hawks... It's called

"Make Lu move laterally = Goal"

Dude, this is a thread that supports Lou, if you want to be a troll go somewhere else. I vote, we trade you!

This video was simply phenomenal, because it succinctly summed up Luongo's entire career in Vancouver. Lou is a highly emotional guy, and it's his greatest strength, but it's also his greatest weakness.

When Luongo is on, he's lights out fantastic and amazing, but when he's off he's really off. It's not a question of his work ethic, ability, desire or approach it's simply *who he is*. He is an amazing goaltender and deserved of all the praise and accolades he has achieved, however therein lies the rub; what Luongo needs to really emerge and shine as an elite playoff goaltender is a team who can match his emotional drive.

I really believe that with Gillis's style, attitude and personality, and the resultant trickle down effect to AV, Luongo isn't a fit and that fact filters down through the rest of the team. Look at how the rest of the roster behaves, diligent, persistent, even keel as exemplified by the Sedin's, Kesler, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler and Schneider. This team is designed to be an emotionally stable team, and when emotions emulate a roller coaster, games get out of hand and they don't know how to handle it.

That is why this situation is nothing more than a lack of fit with the direction that management has decided to take this team in, and why Schneider is more suitable moving forward than Luongo. I wish that AV would be fired instead and the team's identity altered to compliment Luongo rather than hinder, however that would be a selfish decision as the core has been built and we need a cup now, not later.

I wish Luongo all the best and hope he succeeds wherever he goes, and I just hope he knows that the haters are going to hate (even if I have been overly critical of him at times) and that he will be remembered for the good and the bad, because they go hand in hand.

Great video OP, made me cry for sure.

Luongo will always be my favourite goalie EVER. I can't say enough about this guy and during last years cup run all I wanted was for that man to finally lift that cup and enjoy it.

And I still do, no matter what jersey he wears next year.

Hopefully the Canucks will be smart and keep him

LUUUUU :canucks:

Archived