The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Honour Should Luongo Get?

-AJ-

What honour should Luongo get?  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I hope this isn't too redundant. I looked through a few pages to see if there was a topic like this one and I didn't see one. If the mods feel it is too redundant or unneeded, then by all means, lock/merge this thread. :)

Most of us here have come to accept the Roberto Luongo will not likely be a Canuck next season. There's no doubt, however, that he's done an awful lot as a Canuck goaltender, breaking tons of records.

So, assuming Luongo is traded in the off-season, what should the Canucks do to honour his time in Vancouver?

If they continue inducting people into the Ring of Honour, I think this would be the best place for Luongo. He's done a lot for this franchise, but I'm not sure that its quite enough for jersey retirement.

I definitely feel like something must be done to honour his amazing career in Vancouver.

I'm not sure you can honour a player who is playing for another team, especially when he reportedly asked for a trade.

I'm still hopeful that we trade Schneider instead, but if Luongo wants out of Vancouver either way, good riddance. Nevertheless, I don't think that's the case.

Like others, I'm a life-long Canucks fan. As such, when I think of players who've given extra-special service to this team, players who deserve an 'honor' of some type I think of guys like Smyl, Snepsts, Ohlund, Linden (of course), Brodeur, Naslund, McLean and numerous others....I just don't put Luongo in that category (despite his numbers which are great - but IMO great because he played for a powerhouse team).

I would like for his number to be retired.

When he came to Vancouver we were struggling with goalies and we didn't know which direction we were going, but Luongo really changed everything when he came here. I mean his first year here the team was horrible we had no business being in playoffs that year, but Luongo was the one who put the team on his back and carried them into the playoffs. The year in which we didn't make the playoffs, the team was even worse. He has carried this so many times that I remember a team picture being photoshopped with him being the only one with the title being the Vancouver Luongos or something of the sort. The things that Roberto Luongo has done on and off the ice here are remarkable and absolutely note worthy. He has spent so much time hanging out with the kids at Canuck Place and meeting with children all across BC, he has also been a great role model to kids everywhere. I just feel his jersey should be retired, there are many things that I left out but he was the one who turned this franchise around from being mediocre to elite.

yeah i don't think luongo number gets ring of honor or retired number, and only after a 6 season run with us = the canucks. and also especially after it has been rumored he has asked for a trade, and on his wish list of teams is CHICAGO, canucks biggest rival.

Archived