The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Gillis, Vigneault Expected To Be Back

samirjaver

As reported by Elliotte Friedman on the Hotstove today, he said Mike Gillis WILL be back, and there's no truth to the rumour of him stepping down for a short while.

He also said everyone fully expects AV to be back as coach.

Another note: Eric Francis reported that you can cross Florida OFF the list of teams Luongo could end up, citing Markstrom as their future franchise goalie as well as the fact that they still have Theodore and could re-sign Clemmensen.

Francis reported conjecture. Friedman made up a story. Just because a family member or friend passes away ppl don't quit their job and sit at home for a couple of years. Ridiculous idea that MG would quit his job because a friend of his passed on.

IMO MG will be with the Canucks for a very long time.

A another poster said on one of the other AV threads...Av has a highly skilled team playing a system that looks like they are afraid to lose instead of using their talent to "beat" other teams.

They do seem to have bought into the mantra that every game is going to be tight and if they just hang in there long enough, they have a good chance of winning.

Sounds like a loser strategy to me.

I prefer teams that go out to impose their will on other teams and show they are better.

AV's approach is boring, lobotomized hockey. Look at some of the other series going on. Even Phoenix and Nashville, two of the most defensive-minded teams in the league put on a more exciting show than any one of the 5 games we played this year.

Francis reported conjecture. Friedman made up a story. Just because a family member or friend passes away ppl don't quit their job and sit at home for a couple of years. Ridiculous idea that MG would quit his job because a friend of his passed on.

IMO MG will be with the Canucks for a very long time.

A another poster said on one of the other AV threads...Av has a highly skilled team playing a system that look slik ehtye are afraid to lose instead of using their talen to "beat" other teams.

They do seem to have bough into the mantra that every game is goin to be tight and if they just hang in there long enough, they have a good chance of winning.

Sounds like a loser strategy to me.

I prefer teams that go out to impose their will on other teams and show they are better.

AV's approach is boring, lobotomized hockey. Look at some of the other series going on. Even Phoenix and Nashville, two of the most defensive-minded teams in the league put on a more exciting show than any one of the 5 games we played this year.

AV has had his chance! I believe the canucks have been out coached every year in the playoffs. He is horrible with line juggling and matching. As a former high level player, their is nothing more frustrating than constant line juggling. Chemistry is huge. AV screws with the lines period by period. He is way to passive to ever win a Stanley cup. Boston came back 2 zip, 3-2, partly because of inept coaching. They need fire and passion. The team was listless and seemed apathetic for most of the year. AV is as dull as dishwater. His team appears to have followed suit. MG has also failed miserably recently with terrible signings and horrible trade in the Hodgson fiasco. His job should be questioned. AV must go to inject some life into this team ASAP.

And we have a winner. That is the biggest problem with AV. Once the team is up by a goal, especially in the third they nurse the lead like crazy.

Also what was alarming to me at the end of the year PC was when Gillis said the team had a significant emotional let down after the Boston game. Is that not where the coach has to step in and motivate his team. I like Vigneaults personality but his time in Vancouver has run its course. He failed to motivate the team in the second half of the season and I have absolutely no reason to believe he will motivate the team next year.

Archived