The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Malone To The Canucks Is Not A Good Idea

406281dylan

I would say No to just Malone, they would have to add the 10th pick but he would have to come back for salary exchange. He's only 31 and got 3 more years on his contract (rather than 10) so I would do it. He's been a playoff performer in the past (although last playoffs he didn't do quite well)....

I know everyone who is a fan of the Canucks wants malone because he is big and gritty but take in to account that you are trading olympic gold goltender luongo and I can tell u that malone's value comes no where near luongos i dont want to see the canucks pay malone his overpaid contract for the next 5 years either. To be honest the canucks have a good third line center in lapierre. They really need a second line winger and a d man. That is why i think if we will be sending lu to tampa i rather get victor hedman back from them who they probably wont give us, that is why it is wiser to send lu to toronto.

I dont think Toronto will want thomas becuase he has like what 2 years left and he is not a good locker room guy plus on the TSN panel Bob Mckenzie and I think Darren Dreger both said he would end up in Toronto Luongo that is . And on the panel they said if we get rid of luo and someone like ballard or raymond we would have lots of cap space , plus the whole lockout thing might make it more.

i'd have to say either

1. To Van:

-1st round pick

To Tampa:

-Luongo

2. To Van:

-Lupul

To: Toronto:

-Luongo

IMO i think number 2 is better because we need desperately need a playmaker for Kesler

but on the other hand i think we really need a hardcore dman who can step up and deliver hits and rack up the points,

which in my opinion is Matthew Dumba. ^_^

suggestions?

Trading Luongo and Trading Schnedier are completely two different things.

If the organization wanted a hefty return, trading Cory would give you that return.

Trading Luongo, is getting rid of a contract they don't want anymore.

Trading Luongo means we don't have that commitment to him anymore, its not all about what we get in return. Getting Malone would be completely stupid.

The absolute best way to Trade Luongo is to a team that has cap space and won't need to send us salary the other way, making draft picks a very good return for us IMO.

I don't see Ryan Malone's contract as being that bad.

He only has 3 years left on his at a cap hit of $4.5M per and his contract was front loaded which means in real dollar value the Canucks would only have to pay $8M over the next 3 years.

He is only 32, a year younger than Luongo. I would have no problem taking Malone for Luongo although I actually don't think TB would do it straight up because Luongo's contract is way worse.

Also, Malone is a winger not a center.

we have enough malone type players like booth, kassian, kesler, higgins, jensen. What we need is a pure goal scorer. No one with the exception of daniel can snipe it top shelf. We need a guy who can fly down the wing with great speed and roof it. A game changer! The reason we lost the series to LA and boston was because we could't score. The reason we couldn't score was because everyone on the team just shot right in the bread basket.

we have enough malone type players like booth, kassian, kesler, higgins, jensen. What we need is a pure goal scorer. No one with the exception of daniel can snipe it top shelf. We need a guy who can fly down the wing with great speed and roof it. A game changer! The reason we lost the series to LA and boston was because we could't score. The reason we couldn't score was because everyone on the team just shot right in the bread basket.

I see all these posts being made about Hedman, Lupul, Gardiner, Schenn, Malone, etc... but what about Teddy Purcell?

He had a great playoffs in 2010/11 - 17 points in 18 games

25 goals, 41 assists for 65 points and a plus 9 this year.

I feel that he might fit nicely in with Kesler and Booth on the second line, but that's just my opinion... Thought I'd put that out there!

I know everyone who is a fan of the Canucks wants malone because he is big and gritty but take in to account that you are trading olympic gold goltender luongo and I can tell u that malone's value comes no where near luongos i dont want to see the canucks pay malone his overpaid contract for the next 5 years either. To be honest the canucks have a good third line center in lapierre. They really need a second line winger and a d man. That is why i think if we will be sending lu to tampa i rather get victor hedman back from them who they probably wont give us, that is why it is wiser to send lu to toronto.

The Canucks need a big first line winger & a D. The biggest failing of the team has been that the Sedin line averaging 185 lbs cannot play two way hockey; so AV shelters them with only offensive shifts. Thats a match up that continuously gets exposed in 7 game series playoff's.

Burrows, after years of of playing with the Sedin's, is now a good play maker himself, so could add the puck distribution that line needs. He always had the speed & feist to be a cog on the 2knd lines defensive responsibilities.

Malone would be great for right now and I think would take a ton of pressure off Kass which would be great for his development. However I think Gillis would be more interested in getting younger with picks dumping some salary and possibly jumping into the bidding war for Web. Suter,Parise. Fingers crossed for Web's

Archived