The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Roberto Luongo's Star Status Increase His Trade Value?

VIC_CITY

Once he gets traded, his jersey will sell of the shelves and he'll be an instant fan favorite if he puts up similar numbers next year simply because he doesn't have a guy like CS playing behind him. Fans will be LUUUUUU'n every time he makes a save. I can see fans in another market falling in love with Luongo.Thoughts?

who say's he puts up amazing numbers?If he gets traded to a team like tampa and toronto I'm pretty sure his numbers won't look so good.Anyway, u r right about a lot of Luongo stuff being sold. Yes, Roberto Luongo did play amazing on the Florida Panters but tampa's and toronto's defensive core is pretty bad

Luongo isn't the same player as he was in 2007. And his contract might give a love/hate relationship with fans.

Luongo jersey's don't fly off the walls here either, they are just good sellers.

The Roberto Luongo that played on a TERRIBLE Panthers team had great numbers.

Also if you put it like that, wouldnt Schneiders numbers only be this good because of the team he plays for? If he wa traded to Tampa or Toronto, wouldnt his numbers not look so good either?

If Lou goes to the Leaf's who would the Canucks want off that team, it seems like a big "OH GOD" moment who ever they get.

I hope his worth goes up I have a LOU jersey and a signed photo...(one of three LOU has one as well)

As for the Hawks...they have a few players that play hard and have scoring skill, however the hate factor between the two teams might be a problem in the dressing room. It seems like a mess no matter where you look... Some TV sportscasters have suggested Lou might stay and Cory might go...Time to flip a coin..."BALLS"

I'm thinking Cory might go to New Jersey. Can't you see that Martin Brodeur is making his last-year run for the Devils towards the Cup? Brodeur might just retire after this season, and who should take over the Devils' goaltending? Cory Schneider.

Bring in Kovy/Parise, and let Kesler go? That might happen, but that's not good for us.

200px-CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg

Once he gets traded, his jersey will sell of the shelves and he'll be an instant fan favorite if he puts up similar numbers next year simply because he doesn't have a guy like CS playing behind him. Fans will be LUUUUUU'n every time he makes a save. I can see fans in another market falling in love with Luongo.Thoughts?

If he plays elsewhere he won't have as much pressure on him from the fans and won't have his "back-up" on his heels, so maybe a change of scenery is what he needs to get his game back on track and I think that the league's GMs are smart enough to see that. That being said, I think his trade value is still high, but lower than last year for sure.

I think that no matter which goalie goes, we'll still have an amazing goaltender left. Not to mention we'll bring in some good returns on either goalie that gets traded. We really can't go wrong this offseason.

Archived