The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Roberto Luongo's Star Status Increase His Trade Value?

VIC_CITY

who say's he puts up amazing numbers?If he gets traded to a team like tampa and toronto I'm pretty sure his numbers won't look so good.Anyway, u r right about a lot of Luongo stuff being sold. Yes, Roberto Luongo did play amazing on the Florida Panters but tampa's and toronto's defensive core is pretty bad

I'm thinking Cory might go to New Jersey. Can't you see that Martin Brodeur is making his last-year run for the Devils towards the Cup? Brodeur might just retire after this season, and who should take over the Devils' goaltending? Cory Schneider.

Bring in Kovy/Parise, and let Kesler go? That might happen, but that's not good for us.

mmmmm... Im pretty sure management has already decided that they're moving Luongo, however I wouldn't argue that its possible for Luongo to go to Jersey, given Luongo definatley wouldn't bring in Parise, though I doubt Schneider would either... Is it unrealistic though to think Luongo could bring in Kovalchuk? they're both past their prime, one could argue Kovalchuk is overpaid as well... Just thinking, or rather dreaming, out loud

lol.. if management decided a while ago during this season they are going to keep Schneider and trade Luongo, i hope he gives the team a list of teams with players we don't want just to screw the Canucks. I know i would if i was treated the same way by the fans in the city and the organization. I mean why would i want to benefit the team that dumped me and have fans that want to run me out of town??

Canucks are in a bad situation here. Sure there are interest in Luongo around the league. But most teams also know that Luongo is no longer wanted in Vancouver so we are forced to trade him or have 5.33mil of cap space on the bench unhappy and also risking Schneider unwilling to sign long term in the city until they know what they are doing with the goalie situation. I can already see all the teams that Luongo will list lowball the Canucks and we might end up having to take a crap deal just to resolve the goalie situation here that's going to start spiraling out of control pretty fast from the media and fans.

Luongo no longer imparts the fear factor when facing other teams. Most players feel he can be had. He is anemic in shootouts, being near the bottom of the league in SP. so...no...his so called star status is someones dream...not a reality !!

Yes he used to score 50 goals in Atlanta by not back checking and waiting at center ice for an outlet pass. Jersey has actually made him into more of a complete player. I used to hate Kovalchuk because he was the definition of floater but since he has come to Jersey they have turned him into a much better complete player that works works hard at both ends.

Archived