Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Does Roberto Luongo's Star Status Increase His Trade Value?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#31 xshaw

xshaw

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

Hey guys remember when we traded Linden the year after we almost won the Cup?
I have a feeling this is gonna end the same way.

So you're saying that (well first of all it was almost 4 years later) we will get a young power forward that will be a part of the most dynamic line in team history, plus a young defensemen who is currently the team captain who we will later trade so we can pick the future top 2 scorers in team history in the same draft?

I'd be okay with that, and I think you would be too.

Edited by xshaw, 29 April 2012 - 09:30 AM.

Games attended since lockout

10/10/05 @ Detroit W 4-2
01/16/07 @ Montreal W 4-0
01/18/07 @ Ottawa W 2-1
10/16/08 @ Detroit W 4-3 (OT)
10/17/08 @ Buffalo L 5-2
02/19/09 @ Ottawa W 5-2
11/20/09 vs Colorado W 5-2
12/28/10 vs Philadelphia W 6-2

#32 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

What increases Luongo's trade value is his diminishing salary compared to his cap hit. A lowwer tier team looking to make a buck can use his contract to reach the salary floor, ice an nhl team, and pay him peanuts.

Yeah, this is correct - for as long as he is able to contribute.

#33 John Garret's moustache

John Garret's moustache

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Yes he used to score 50 goals in Atlanta by not back checking and waiting at center ice for an outlet pass. Jersey has actually made him into more of a complete player. I used to hate Kovalchuk because he was the definition of floater but since he has come to Jersey they have turned him into a much better complete player that works works hard at both ends.

I'll I add him to the list of players I wished the Canucks have :lol: Thanks for informing me on this I was clearly misconceived.
Posted Image

Thanks to Vintage Canuck. for the sick Zeppelin sig!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.