The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Let's Face It, Kesler Is Better Suited To Be A 3Rd Line Center

Nucks-4-Life

You are ridiculous. I'm disgusted by these so called fans. These fans are the reason why our organization comes across poorly. We really need to step up for our team and believe in our players! im proud to be a canucks fan and will always be no matter what, but these topics and these "fans" are horendous! To most of those that believe in our players and the team, you guys are awesome! Kes is definitely a second liner, no doubt. GO CANUCKS GO!

Kesler would be good as the third, second line center or moved to the wing.

The idea of trading him next year should not be swept to side either; if the right return was offfered I believe that management would let him go.

Kesler's trade value is high right now, but if next year he has another off year his trade value would go down considerably. Either way if we trade him or keep him it is a 50/50 gamble that the player(s) we get back for him would have chemistry with the team or Kes can regain his form.

I do like that Kes has stated that he will work hard in the off season to regain form; this could also be good in trade to get back the highest value for him.

I do believe right now in Kesler's career his trade value is extremely high, even though he had an off season, and the return for him in a trade would help the team. Do not ask me who van could get back; Philadelphia got back good return for Carter and Richards. Kesler could fetch the same or better, and all 30 teams would be offering players.

I love Kes,but if the right return came Vans way I would not be sad to see him go.

Kesler would be good as the third, second line center or moved to the wing.

The idea of trading him next year should not be swept to side either; if the right return was offfered I believe that management would let him go.

Kesler's trade value is high right now, but if next year he has another off year his trade value would go down considerably. Either way if we trade him or keep him it is a 50/50 gamble that the player(s) we get back for him would have chemistry with the team or Kes can regain his form.

I do like that Kes has stated that he will work hard in the off season to regain form; this could also be good in trade to get back the highest value for him.

I do believe right now in Kesler's career his trade value is extremely high, even though he had an off season, and the return for him in a trade would help the team. Do not ask me who van could get back; Philadelphia got back good return for Carter and Richards. Kesler could fetch the same or better, and all 30 teams would be offering players.

I love Kes,but if the right return came Vans way I would not be sad to see him go.

How do we know Gillis was not willing to put up with his regime's past mistakes?

How do we know that it was not his regime's past mistakes that made his relationships with Cody's agents untenable?

Nobody here considers that it may not have been issues Cody was entirely responsible for.

Obviously we don't know what the issues were, so we can only guess. At this point, I don't think it actually matters "whose fault it is". There was a problem that needed to be solved one way or another, and it was. Why do so many people have such a problem accepting that? You can speculate about what the problem was, but again, it really doesn't matter. It's all speculation, and this resolution (the trade) will likely benefit Cody AND the team in the long run.

I was talking about this year since you didn't specify before... but anyway, in each series (LA this year, Boston last year) the team scored a total of 8 goals. 5 points from the Sedins in the Boston series, 7 in the LA series. Sure, maybe they could have done more, but a lot of other players could have done more. It's ridiculous to hold the Sedins liable for not scoring and not consider the rest of the team, so... what would you do based on last year's performance? Would you have traded away anyone whose name isn't Hansen, Lapierre, Burrows or Edler?

I know they are paid a lot of money to play the game, but no amount of money can't prevent the mental toll that those kind of events have on a person and at the end of the day, these guys are human beings just like the rest of us.

This is an impossible question to answer, because I would have to know who and what is avaible; picks, propects, core players ect. I would love to know what other teams would offer, but that is just not possible for the average person. I'm not going to just wish for players that I like, this is not how it works.

Nash would be interesting, with the right players( maybe the sedins) he is one of most dangerous player in the world(Olympic and international stats).

Parise maybe?

I can't say that Kesler is my favourite player but he is a very good second line centre. He is definitely one of the top ten second line centres in the NHL and at times has been close to being the best.

His attitude at times is troubling but he can play. I find when teams can get him frustrated or off his game he becomes selfish. He went away from that last year but this year the old Kesler seemed to be back.

But he is not going to play third line minutes. Are you going to put a 5'9" unproven player in Jordan Schroeder ahead of him? That's insanity. And the end of Kesler here. He will go crazy if that were to happen.

Kes has admitted to "having an 'off' season" ... I wish I could just take a year off and have such a ho-hum attitude about it ......... Maybe he should give some of the $5mil back? If he were half as worried about playing the game as he was about diving around like a complete bufoon, I'm sure he could turn it on whenever he chose to. This is the problem with high dollar, long term contracts ... Some players aren't able to keep the level of intensity that earned them the salary in the first place. Shame on you Kes.

He scored 40 goals the previous season, also the 2nd line has been a revolving door, hard to build chemistry when you have different line mates every season.

Give your head a shake buddy, Kesler just needs a play maker to solidify his line.

As for utilizing his defensive abilities, 1st unit penalty kill, OT.

Archived