The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Let's Face It, Kesler Is Better Suited To Be A 3Rd Line Center

Nucks-4-Life

Yea I said it. Let him shut guys down on the 3rd line and put up 60 points quietly. When you put too much pressure on him he crumbles.

I know what everyone is gonna say, "But he had 40 goals 2 seasons ago!". Yes, but that was an anomaly and a result of a ridiculously good power play.

What hurts so much about this is that we lost Hodgson who could have been our 2nd line centerman and got those cushy offensive minutes.

Looks like everything rides on Schroeder and his ability to develop. I've seen his Wolves highlights and the kid has got great vision and playmaking ability. Love to see what can do with the likes of Booth and Higgins on his wings.

Doesn't matter if you call it "the third line" or "the second line", other teams are going to try and put their shutdown guys against him because they know how good he is.

This season was the anomoly because he didn't have a full summer of training and came back too soon after his surgery. He'll come back better than ever after a full summer of training. And hopefully he'll get a revamped second line to play on when he's back.

Give me a break. I'm not even close to being a big Kesler fan but it is pretty ridiculous how dramatically people have turned against him after one sub-par season. Kesler probably did get lucky last year (just look at his shooting %, 2% higher than years surrounding it) but what about the year before last year? He had 75 points that year playing with Raymond and Samuelsson. Think back to the Markus Naslund days until Kesler's breakthrough and try to remember how difficult it was to get a legitimate 2nd line centre on the team.

Everyone is also forgetting that just 2 years ago he led all forwards in ice time in the Olympic Gold Medal game (that's both teams). I'm not sure if there's a better indication of how good this guy can be than that.

Having Kesler on the 2nd line was pretty much the envy of the league last year and people are ready to give up on him after 1 year? I will defer to Lindy on that one:

http://youtu.be/5_JTw-4srzk

heck since kes didnt have as good a year as last year and people want to ship him out already, well I guess the sedins are gone to, since they didnt post 100pt seasons and win back to back to back art ross trophies this year. Burrows Burrows Burrows he is gone to, he hasnt managed to get to 67pts for the past two season like he did in 09/10.

heck while we are talking about point production going down and trading players every offensive player needs to go except higgins,lapierre and ebbet who all had career years.....seriously canuck fans need to give there head a shake and realize the caliber of players they are lucky to have year in and year out.

Yea I said it. Let him shut guys down on the 3rd line and put up 60 points quietly. When you put too much pressure on him he crumbles.

I know what everyone is gonna say, "But he had 40 goals 2 seasons ago!". Yes, but that was an anomaly and a result of a ridiculously good power play.

What hurts so much about this is that we lost Hodgson who could have been our 2nd line centerman and got those cushy offensive minutes.

Looks like everything rides on Schroeder and his ability to develop. I've seen his Wolves highlights and the kid has got great vision and playmaking ability. Love to see what can do with the likes of Booth and Higgins on his wings.

Last year, Kesler had such a dangerous wrist shot, it was such a quick release it fool goalies. However I think not being able to work on it in the off-season and the shoulder injury he suffered this year really messed up his shot. He didn't have the quick release in his shots anymore, he's slow on them which gives opponents chance to get their stick in his shot.

I think he's going to work hard on regaining that shot this off-season and will build some real chemistry with Booth. They will come back and show what a dangerous duo they can be together and prove all those who want him traded wrong.

no. Kesler is a solid 2nd line center. having him on the 3rd line would be similar to what Jordan Staal is in Pitt.... who could also play 2nd line C on 90% of teams around the league.

I think we need a playmaking winger who can hold onto pucks and add some creativity amongst the north/south hard to the net, speed game that both Kesler and Booth play. Patrick Kane would be the perfect fit imo.

Lui and Edler for Kane.

Sign Suter.

boom.

Archived