The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Does Toronto Have That Is Worth Luongo?

So at this point in time it seems as if Luongos most likely destination this off-season is Toronto, but the question I ask is who do we get in return for our all-star goalie? some say they'd just accept their first round pick (I believe 5th overall) for Luongo, straight up, but I don't really think thats enough... I think the Canucks should look to get some players that can make a difference for the upcoming cup run.

And that made me think, who does Toronto have that could do this for us... and by that I mean who that is worth Luongo? There's no way wed be able to get Kessel which is the only real member of the leafs that is sought-after... Phaneuf... well not many people really want Phaneuf.

So who do you guys think we could get/want to get from the Leafs if this deal were to go down?

Their first round pick. Gardiner. Maybe Lupul. Maybe Schenn. Maybe Kadri if he can be more consistent. Maybe Kulemin if he can regain the form he had a couple years ago.

Maybe Luongo + Raymond for Gardiner and Kulemin. Don't know if Toronto would do that though, they're pretty high on Gardiner.

So at this point in time it seems as if Luongos most likely destination this off-season is Toronto, but the question I ask is who do we get in return for our all-star goalie? some say they'd just accept their first round pick (I believe 5th overall) for Luongo, straight up, but I don't really think thats enough... I think the Canucks should look to get some players that can make a difference for the upcoming cup run.

And that made me think, who does Toronto have that could do this for us... and by that I mean who that is worth Luongo? There's no way wed be able to get Kessel which is the only real member of the leafs that is sought-after... Phaneuf... well not many people really want Phaneuf.

So who do you guys think we could get/want to get from the Leafs if this deal were to go down?

Anyone know what other high end players like Lu have gone for in the past? I know there are a lot of other variables like age, position etc. so of course it wouldn't be an exact return, but it could at least give us some comparisons rather than continually speculating on what we will get back for trading Lu.

P.S

So glad we are trading Lu and keeping Schneiderman. I think it will really make a difference with the team next year to not have the head case and surrounding media attention with Lu in the dressing room.

Luongo, Raymond and Alberts for Connolly and Schenn

Toronto gets their elite goalie and Raymond who was highly touted by Nonis and should have more success in the east.

Vancouver gets a crafty playmaking centre and a big, young, defensive defenseman.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Lapierre Kesler Hansen (checkling line)

Booth Connolly Higgins (scoring line 2)

______ Steckel Kassian

Bieksa Hamhuis

Edler Schenn

Ballard Tanev

Gragnani

Schneider

(Mason? Nittymaki? Lack?)

Was wondering the same thing myself, glad you made a thread about it. TSN guys seem to be pushing this Van-Tor trade more than anything.

Canucks needs are 3rd line centre, back up goalie and top 4 righty d-man to play with Edler (plus anyone who can score goals :) ). So, I think Bozak and Schenn + a low pick (maybe a 4th).

Bozak (25 yrs old) is a great 2 way centreman, has 1 yr left on very affordable $1.5M contract. He had 47 pts this yr (albeit playing in top 6 mins).

Schenn's a bit of a risk cause he's played 4 full yrs in the NHL and has yet to really break through. I think he struggles defensivly, so a Edler -Schenn paring could be a huge face-palm. But last yr when he played in a top 4 role, I thought his underlying numbers were a lot better. Plus, Canucks need to get tougher on the back end - Schenn will provide that. Gardiner's a wimp, lol.

No way Gillis takes Connolly and his $4.75 cap hit at the age of 30. The guy would be centering the 3rd line and making almost as much as Kesler.

Archived